Tuesday, June 27, 2017
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Nancy King, seated as Chairman; Anda Cumings; Steve Gagnon; Laura Hoeing; Claire Matzke; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for T. Welles.
Absent: Toby Welles, Acting Chairman
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator and John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:32 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 6/13/17
On the motion of L. Hoeing and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 6/13/17 Meeting Minutes.
1. 216 Poverty Hollow Road, Frank Doelger and Bruce Harmon, Sylvia Erskine, agent. Request to build a stonewall on a Scenic Road.
Bruce Harmon and Sylvia Erskine were present. The proposal was reviewed accompanied by a drawing. Ms. Erskine noted the intention of following the Scenic Road Ordinance.
The Land Use Office will be notified when an approximate 10-foot sample of the stonewall is constructed for Commissioner inspection.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008
Final reports from the Chairmen of Chapters Two, Five, Seven, and Nine re 2008 Plan Recommendations to be (a) pursued currently, (b) continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) discontinued. Finalization necessary to begin 2018 Plan.
Commissioners reviewed status of assigned chapters and outlined goals for discussion at the next meeting.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
Discussion re: GPS systems directing trucks to no through truck roads. J. Brooks will request an update from T. Welles regarding his contact with GPS companies.
4. Subdivision Regulation Revision: S.R. 4.5. Discussion.
New information from J. Hayes is pending.
5. Request from Zoning Enforcement Officer. To review P.A. 155 and return comment.
Nancy King read the memo from A. Pardee, ZEO. The full proposed act will be distributed to Commissioners for detailed review. John Board reviewed proposed bill details.
1. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
2. Ref. App. #348, Lot 2, 8 Putnam Hill Dr., Fred Aley, owner. Map to be submitted showing new BCRL.
3. Ref. App. #505. Request for Costa Stergue to complete his road to Town requirements. Alexis Bennett, 20 Costa Lane. Tabled on 1/24/17.
4. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
5. Common Driveway Easement and Maintenance Agreement for standard use per App. #496, 7/12/16.
6. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions. To be included in S.R. 4.8.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
John Hayes reviewed the submitted application for TOD grant.
On the motion of L. Hoeing, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:22 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly