Tuesday, July 11, 2017
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Nancy King, seated as Chairman; Anda Cumings; Steve Gagnon; Laura Hoeing; Claire Matzke, seated for T. Welles.
Absent: Toby Welles, Acting Chairman; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:32 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 6/27/17
On the motion of L. Hoeing and the second of C. Matzke, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 6/27/17 Meeting Minutes.
1. 216 Poverty Hollow Road, Frank Doelger and Bruce Harmon, Sylvia Erskine, agent. Request to build a stonewall on a Scenic Road.
Discussion tabled pending attendance by applicant. A photo submitted by R. O’Brien was reviewed. Ms. O’Brien will inform the applicant of the catch basins at the entrance.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008
Final reports from the Chairmen of Chapters Two, Five, Seven, and Nine re 2008 Plan Recommendations to be (a) pursued currently, (b) continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) discontinued. Finalization necessary to begin 2018 Plan.
Commissioners reviewed status of assigned chapters and outlined goals for discussion at the next meeting.
The 1989 Georgetown Supplement to the Town Plan will be mailed to Commissioners for their review.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
The Scenic Road Brochure was reviewed and the possibility of creating a Historic home brochure was discussed.
An updated road reconstruction schedule was received from Highway Superintendent Jeff Hanson.
4. Subdivision Regulation Revision: S.R. 4.5. Discussion.
John Hayes’ report will be forwarded to Commissioners and Commission Counsel for their review.
5. Request from Zoning Enforcement Officer. To review P.A. 155 and return comment.
Commissioners reviewed pros and cons of P.A. 155.
On the motion of S. Gagnon and the second of C. Matzke, the Commission voted unanimously not to opt out of P.A. 155 and forward this response to the Zoning Commission.
6. Referral from Zoning. 26 & 30 Goodsell Hill Road-earth moving. Public Hearing 7/12/17. To Vote.
Zoning Commission Minutes were reviewed along with a map depicting the location. Concern was noted re: sediment and erosion controls.
On the motion of L. Hoeing and the second of C. Matzke, the Commission voted unanimously to approve with the confirmation that sediment and erosion controls are installed and monitored per notes on the map.
1. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
2. Ref. App. #348, Lot 2, 8 Putnam Hill Dr., Fred Aley, owner. Map to be submitted showing new BCRL.
3. Ref. App. #505. Request for Costa Stergue to complete his road to Town requirements. Alexis Bennett, 20 Costa Lane. Tabled on 1/24/17.
4. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
5. Common Driveway Easement and Maintenance Agreement for standard use per App. #496, 7/12/16.
6. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions. To be included in S.R. 4.8.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Status of the dog park was discussed.
On the motion of S. Gagnon and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly