Tuesday, August 22, 2017
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Nancy King, seated as Chairman; Anda Cuming; Laura Hoeing; Claire Matzke, Alt., seated for T. Welles.
Absent: Toby Welles; Steve Gagnon; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 8/8/17
On the motion of C. Matzke and the second of A. Cuming, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 8/8/17 Meeting Minutes.
1. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008.
2008 Plan Recommendations TO BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING (a) pursued currently, (b) continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) discontinued.
Commissioners will re-submit chapter comments via email.
2. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
Scenic Road assignments were distributed to Commissioners. No issues were noted on assigned roads.
3. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Discussion.
John Hayes will submit comments re: 4.5.9 and 4.5.10 for further discussion.
4. Draft CT State Water Plan. Discussion: comments due by Friday 11/17/17.
Nancy King read an email to J. Brooks dated 7/19/17. Discussion will continue.
5. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Discussion. Possible Vote.
Discussion will continue pending comment from Commission Counsel Peter Olson.
6. IHZ Status. Discussion for action.
Nancy King will follow up with T. Welles. An email dated 7/26/17 was reviewed. CT GS 8-30g was discussed.
1. 216 Poverty Hollow Road, Frank Doelger and Bruce Harmon, Sylvia Erskine, agent. Request to build a stone wall on a Scenic Road. Continued pending sample wall for review.
2. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
3. Reference App. #348, Lot 2, 8 Putnam Hill Drive. Fred Aley, owner. Map to be submitted showing new BCRL.
4. Reference App. #505. Request for Costa Stergue to complete his road to Town requirements. Alexis Bennett, 20 Costa Lane. Tabled on 1/24/17.
5. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
6. Cul-de-sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning nad Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions. To be included in S.R. 4.8.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Re: 84 Cross Highway, Janice Rotchstein, tree in town right-of-way. Commissioners will drive by and discuss further at the next meeting. Mr. McNamara will be asked to assess significant trees on Scenic Roads.
Affordable Housing Appeals Act was discussed as it relates to the need for an affordable housing plan to be included in the Town Plan of Conservation & Development. J. Hayes will obtain income levels for further discussion.
Re: 216 Poverty Hollow Road, the 10-foot section has been built. Commissioners will review on an individual basis.
On the motion of L. Hoeing and the second of A. Cuming, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:55 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly