The New Seasonal Ice Rink is located at the Redding Community Center on RCC Field 2. Photo at right was taken on the first day of installation.
Ice Update – Our Ice Rink at RCC2 is Open Today (1/10) only!
We will not have evening use tonight due to rain.
The ice was finally thick enough yesterday for us to clear snow and chucks of ice off of our temporary rink at the Community Center. The rink will be open today only (Tuesday, January 10th). Mix percipitation this afternoon and then rain and temps over 32 this evening will only allow this one day of skating for residents. Temperature will rise and by tomorrow and Thursday will soar into the 40’s and 50’s.
We will annouce again via email blast and social media when the rink will be “Open for Use” again in the future.
Be sure to check our cancellation line (203) 938-5036 X3 before heading to skate. This will also be updated as to the status of the ice.
Hours of Operation:
The rink will be open dawn to dusk, in addition to the following evening hours:
Designated evening skate time:
Tuesday and Saturday 4:00 – 8:00 pm
Designated “Sticks and Puck” time:
Saturday and Sunday : 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Thursday: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Ice Skating Rules
• Skating is only allowed during posted hours
• Skating permitted dawn to dusk and designated evening hours
• Supervision not provided – Children 12 and under must be accompanied by someone 16 years or older
• Be aware of others. Please skate respectfully and at a speed that takes into account various abilities
• Slower skaters or stopped skaters should stay towards the center
• Sticks and pucks are only permitted at designated times
Skate at your own risk
• The Town of Redding will not be held liable for any reason. Skaters skate at their own risk.
• Ice skating can be dangerous. Do not skate alone. Helmets are strongly recommended for all, especially children and beginners
• Be aware of changing ice conditions. It will vary on any given day or any part of the ice surface
Sticks and Pucks
• No full size nets permitted
• Milk crate height goals permitted to keep the shots low to the ice
• Varied age groups may be using the surface during sticks and pucks time. Please play cross rink when necessary to allow maximum use for all residents
• Protective hockey equipment recommended (minimally hockey gloves and helmets with face shields)
• No checking
For your safety and enjoyment
• Skates must be worn on the ice surface
• No skating aids (chairs, milk crates, etc) permitted on ice
• No food or beverage permitted on the ice
• No dogs on the ice surface
• No smoking, drugs or alcohol permitted (including parking areas adjacent to the field)
Inappropriate language or behavior will not be tolerated