Board of Selectmen Meeting Agenda
March 21, 2022
In Person, Town Hall Hearing Room
Also via Zoom
Meeting ID: 891 3790 7863 Passcode: 298545
1. Call to order
2. Approval of Minutes
3. Discussion with and introduction to Jim Olsen, LEP, from Tighe & Bond, the firm awarded the contract to perform the Phase 1 Environmental Assessment at the Gilbert & Bennet Wire Mill.
4. Discussion & possible action to authorize the First Selectwoman to execute contract with Tighe & Bond subject to review and approval by CT Department of Economic Development Brownfield Program project manager and Town Counsel.
5. Schedule Date for Annual Town Meeting for April 19, 2022 at 3 pm (no more than 14 days prior to Budget Referendum). Remove vote on budget from the call of the Annual Town Budget Meeting and send to a machine vote. Send Letter to Town Clerk with request to do so.
6. Discussion and possible action: Capital projects
7. Discussion: Joining a Health District
8. Discussion and possible action: American Rescue Plan Working Group recommendations
–Julia Pemberton as Full Member & Peggy Palmer as Alternate to the Housatonic Resources Recovery Authority (HRRA). HRRA is the Regional Waste Authority and Redding is a member.
–William Rook to the Park and Recreation Commission
a. Redding Life Care 2012-2017 analysis (cost/benefit)
b. Update on Eversource Scorecard, tree trimming & tree work by the Town
c. Board of Finance Public Hearing is Tuesday. March 22.
d. Town and School Budgets are posted to the Town website under legal notices: March 22 Notice of Budget Hearing
e. Economic Development Committee First Meeting set for April
f. Gilbert & Bennett Wire Mill Advisory Committee
11. Other business
12. Public comment