Redding Planning Commission
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Old Town House
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 4/10/18
II. TO VOTE: DISCUSS CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL. INPUT FROM PUBLIC AT PUBLIC HEARING ONLY.
Resubdivision App’l # 527, 42 Wayside Lane, Paula S. Cartoun, Trust. Proposed resubdivison of 9.31 acres into 2 lots. Presentation 11/28/17. Public Hearing opened 1/09/18. Continued 1/23/18, 2/13/18. Extension granted to 2/27/18. Public Hearing closed 2/27/18. Deadline to Vote 4/24/18. TO VOTE.
1. Referral from Zoning: Amendment to Zoning Regulations 3.14, 5.1, 5.4, 5.11.2. Public Hearing scheduled for 5/09/18. To Discuss. Report from John Hayes due.
2. Request from Robert Allison, 63 Stepney Road. To discuss a solution to alleviate the problem of large trucks, tour buses, etc. from using narrow town roads, such as Poverty Hollow Road, as cut-through roads.
3. Reference App’l #513, Pay Dirt LLC, 52 Mountain Road. Request to alter approved plan; drainage at road, bond, minimum rectangle. Site Walk 2/25/18. Report from J. Hayes due.
4. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008.
2008 Plan Recommendations to be submitted to the office by e-mail Planning@townofreddingct.org.
5. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. T. Welles contacting J. Hanson re Old Hattertown Road drainage
6. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Other? Discussion.
7. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Updated version reviewed by Counsel. Discussion of Commission’s review.
8. IHZ Status. Discussion for action to call a meeting.
1. Reference App’l #504, Mountainside Estates. 40 Mountain Road. Jay Keillor requests permission to move the Driveway to the south. Site Walk 2/25/18. Report from J. Hayes.
2. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
3. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
4. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT