September 25, 2018
Old Town House
23 Cross Highway – Redding, Connecticut
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meetings of 9/11/18 and 9/18/18
1. Referral from Selectmen: Opinion regarding paving of dirt portion of Pocahontas Road. Letters sent to all property owners along dirt portion of road.
2. Referral from Zoning: 135 Limekiln Road. Request for Special Use Permit for a detached accessory apartment. Public Hearing October 10, 2018.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008. Recommendations to be submitted to the office by e-mail Planning@townofreddingct.org for John Hayes.
4. Discuss recognition of Jo-an’s years of service.
1. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. J. Bacon has provided comments. Referred to Peter Olson, Esq.
2. IHZ Status. N. King report regarding list of members of commission.
3. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
4. Reference App’l #504, Mountainside Estates. 40 Mountain Road. Jay Keillor request of detailed bond release schedule.
5. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and
Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway
Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new
6. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
7. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. Old Hattertown Road, encroachment; 230 Poverty Hollow Road and 20 Old Hattertown Road.
8. Amendment to Section 5.2 of the Redding Subdivision Regulations regarding clearing and regrading.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT