Redding Planning Commission
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
February 26, 2019
Old Town House
23 Cross Highway – Redding, Connecticut
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 1/08/19
Meeting of 1/22/19 – Canceled
Meeting of 2/12/19 – Canceled
1. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2018: Update.
2. Referral from Zoning: 65 Hopewell Woods Road, Robert and Nicole Denkin. Request for a Special Use Permit for an accessory apartment. Public Hearing scheduled for 2/27/19.
3. 224 Umpawaug Road, William Bishop (owner), Max Soper (agent). Discussion of Phase 2 Archaeological Survey and request for release of Archaeological Easement.
1. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. J. Bacon has provided comments. Referred to Peter Olson, Esq.
2. IHZ Status. N. King report regarding list of members of commission.
3. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
4. Reference App’l #504, Mountainside Estates. 40 Mountain Road. Jay Keillor request of detailed bond release schedule.
5. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and
Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway
Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new
6. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
7. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. Old Hattertown Road, encroachment; 230 Poverty Hollow Road and 20 Old Hattertown Road.
8. Amendment to Section 5.2 of the Redding Subdivision Regulations regarding clearing and regrading.
9. Old Hattertown Road. Discussion re altered accessway. Discussion 10/09/18.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT