Agenda – Old Town House
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 7/14/15
II. DELIBERATION CONTINUED
Subdivision Application #526, Willard and Catherine Rowley (owners) – “Old Stone Estates, LLC”, P.W. Scott Engineering & Architecture, PC (agent). 12 Marchant and 55 Chestnut Woods Roads. Proposed subdivision of 65.60 acres into 12 lots. (App’l #525 withdrawn at Meeting of 2/24/15.) Received 3/10/15. Presentation 3/24/15, continued 4/14/15, 4/28/15. Public Hearing Opened 5/12/15, continued 5/26/15, 6/9/15, closed 6/23/15. Deliberation 7/14/15. Deadline to Vote, Meeting of 8/25/15.
1. Old Hattertown Road. Request from Shawn Wade, 65 Town’s End Road, Newtown to have Town trim the road four feet back from the Travelway. Discussion per Site Inspections.
2. Jose Goncalves, App’l #506, Lot #2, 220 Umpawaug Road. Site Walk 7/11/15. Request to enlarge Building Construction & Restriction Line a short distance. To discuss report from John Hayes
3. Reference App’l #492, 4 Long Wall Road. Request by Steven Santa to nullify Settlement Agreement creating affordable housing unit. Possible further discussion.
4. Reference App’l #503, Lot #1, 36 Putnam Park Road. Request re underground electric requirement. Discussion.
5. Request from Michael Handy, agent, 59 Black Rock Tpke., to subdivide property per 1989 ZBA variance. Pre-application Review per CT General Statute 7-159b.
6. 56 Marchant Road, Vanoni/Heyman. Request to discuss drainage onto a Scenic Road. Continued.
7. Scenic Roads (6/23/15 and 7/14/15issues)
a. Cross Highway – Poverty Hollow Road; Letter sent to Selectmen and Highway Superintendent re road trimming
b. Cross Highway – Paving (Reconstruction) amendments; Letter sent to Selectmen and Highway Superintendent. Walk with First Selectman to be scheduled.
c. Topstone Road – Jeff Hanson’s meeting re dirt roads cancelled due to storm/tornado. New information pending.
8. Goodsell Hill Road – Selectmen will discuss reconfiguring intersection one-way road at their 7/20/15 meeting. Letter sent to Selectmen.
9. Long Meadow and Meadow’s Edge. Request from Wayne Jones re: plowing. Letter sent to Selectmen requesting meeting with Planning and Highway Department re cul de sac design and maintenance.
- Reference App’l #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner, ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks,. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/05/15 – Petra to contact engineer.
- Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations.
- Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
- Request from Connecticut Fund for the Environment re Tree Trimming