Redding Planning Commission
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Old Town House
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 1/24/17
1. Reference App’l #351, Lot 16, 66 Deer Hill Road, Stuart Laidlaw. Request to alter BCRL and Drainage. To approve map.
2. Location of Dog Park. Discussion re number of interested people, and plan for funding.
3. Referral from Zoning, 11 Wayside Lane. Request for Accessory Apartment. Public Hearing 2/22/17. TO VOTE.
4. IHZ Status
-Separation of land outside Super 7 right-of-way per John Hayes for IHZ use. Request to be submitted to Selectmen, State Legislature and D.O.T. Draft Amendment to 8-30g to be submitted for review.
5. Scenic Road Monitoring.
-Reports by volunteer monitors.
6. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion.
7. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008.
Report from the Chairmen of Chapters Two, Five, Seven, and Nine TO DISCUSS 2008 Plan Recommendations to be (a) pursued currently, (b) continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) discontinued.
8. Legislative Issues
John Hayes suggests Watershed Protection Bill per Adam Dunsby and possible letter to Western, CT Regional Agency re watershed protection.
1. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
2. Reference App’l #348, Lot 2, 8 Putnam Hill Drive. Fred Aley, owner. Map to be submitted showing new B.C.R.L.
3. Reference App’l #504, 34 Mountain Road, Jay Keillor, Joe Nazzaro. Request to review and amend Conditions of Approval. Tabled on 1/24/17.
4. Reference App’l #505, Request for Costa Stergue to complete his road to Town requirements. Alexis Bennett, 20 Costa Lane. Tabled on 1/24/17.
5. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road
6. Common Driveway Easement and Maintenance Agreement for standard use
per App’l #496, 7/12/16.
7. Subdivision Regulation Revisions, i.e. 4.5.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT