Redding Planning Commission
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
June 19, 2018 – 6:30 P.M.
Redding Community Center Multi-purpose Room
37 Lonetown Road, Redding, Connecticut
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 6/12/18
1. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2018. Workshop to review possible revisions to Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of 2008 Town Plan of Conservation & Development.
1. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. Specific Issues:
• T. Welles contacting J. Hanson re Old Hattertown Road drainage and dirt road management (i.e. Topstone) and possible training.
• New accessway cut, with deposited woodchips, on Old Hattertown Rd.
• Foliage cut on Sanfordtown Road.
2. Reference App’l #495: 63 Mountain Road. Request by owners Chris and Danielle Messina to remove and replace one tree that had been required to be retained.
3. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Other? S.R. 4.8 apply to all lots. J. Hayes to provide drafts. Discussion.
4. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Updated version reviewed by Counsel. J. Bacon to provide comments regarding arbitration section.
5. IHZ Status. N. King report regarding list of members of commission.
6. Discussion of Solution to prevent truck and tour bus traffic on narrow roads, i.e. GPS companies, signage. Discuss specific roads requiring additional signage.
7. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
8. Reference App’l #504, Mountainside Estates. 40 Mountain Road. Jay Keillor request of detailed bond release schedule.
9. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and
Road Regs. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Dept.
needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
10. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT