NOTICE OF SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
The Legal Voters in the Town of Redding, Connecticut, and those
entitled to vote therein are hereby warned and notified to meet at
the Special Town Meeting to be held in the Redding Community Center, Redding, Connecticut on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 7:30 P.M.,
for the following purpose:
To accept Costa Lane as a Town Road, pending recommendation from the
Redding Planning Commission
To approve the following school security appropriations individually:
1) $27,685.39 from Unassigned Fund Balance for police overtime incurred from 12/14/12 to 1/20/13.
2) $101,904.32 from Unassigned Fund Balance for estimated police overtime in the schools from 1/22/13 – 6/21/13.
3) $ 58,030 from Unassigned Fund Balance for salary and benefits for two new police officers from 3/1/13-6/30/13.
4) $ 135,000 from Capital and Non-Recurring Expenses (CNRE) for school building security upgrades to RES and JRMS.
To approve the following school capital expenditures:
1) $34,385 from Unassigned Fund Balance for RES outdoor lighting upgrade
2) $534,000 for the following projects, to be voted on individually, using short-term borrowing pending long-term financing, for an amount not to exceed each individual project cost
a) $ 45,000 for RES playground improvements
b) $165,000 for RES bathroom upgrade
c) $ 45,000 for JRMS roof repairs
d) $ 60,000 for JRMS woodshop renovation
e) $ 84,000 for JRMS locker replacement phase 1
f) $135,000 for JRMS bathroom upgrade
To do any and all things legal and necessary to accomplish the above named purpose and take any other action that may legally and properly come before the meeting.
DATED at Redding, Connecticut this 28th day of January 2013.
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Natalie Ketcham, First Selectman
Donald Takacs, Selectman
Julia Pemberton, Selectman