Select Page

Business at Redding Town Hall, Annex and Old Town House

Beginning Monday, April 5, 2021 Town Offices will be open to the public by appointment only.  We encourage you to use our online services listed below, or call or email the appropriate department.  Emails and phone messages are checked on a regular basis throughout the day.  Click here for a listing of all town department phone numbers and email addresses.

Online Services

The Town Annual Budget Referendum will be held on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at the Redding Community Center from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

-Absentee Ballots Applications for the May 4, 2021 town budget referendum will be available beginning Thursday, April 22, 2021.  An Application for Absentee Ballot for Referendum Authorized to be Held With Less Than 3 Weeks Notice must be completed before a ballot can be issued. Click here for application.  A ballot can only be issued to a voter in person or to a voter’s designee.  If you wish to vote by absentee ballot, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 203-938-2377 or email to set up a time to pick up your ballot.

-Assessor cards and information can be viewed by clicking here.

-Building Permits can be applied for online using the electronic permit application.

-Dog Licenses will be issued through the mail only.  Click here for more information.

-Funeral Directors – please call (203-938-2377) or email the Town Clerk at to make arrangements for the filing of death certificates and issuance of burial/cremation permits.

-Land records are online and can be accessed at

-If you need maps or deeds that are not online, please call (203-938-2377) or email the Town Clerk at and we will make arrangements them to get them to you.

-Document recordings can be mailed or dropped in the mail slot located in the front door of Town Hall (facing the Town Green).  If a document absolutely needs to be recorded in person, please call ahead and we will make arrangements to receive the recording and will email or fax the receipt with the recording information.

-Real estate taxes can be viewed and paid online at our town website by clicking here.  The Tax Collector urges residents to pay their taxes online with a credit card, debit card or electronic check.  Payments can also be mailed.  In person payments will ONLY be accepted at the window located outside the tax office.  Masks must be worn at all time.

-Registrar of Voters are available by appointment only.  Please call (203-938-5012) or email  You can register to vote or make changes to your registration online at

-Sports Licenses to fish, hunt, and trap in Connecticut can be purchased online by going to Connecticut’s Online Sportsmen Licensing System. In addition to licenses, you can also purchase the special permits and stamps needed to hunt species like deer, resident game birds, and migratory birds. To obtain Aquarion fishing permits (required to fish at the reservoirs), call the Town Clerk’s Office at 203-938-2377. You must have a valid CT fishing license to receive an Aquarion permit.

-Vital Record Requests – Certified copies of birth, marriage and death certificates can be requested through the mail.  Complete the form and mail with your ID and check to the Town Clerk.  Forms are available under “Town Clerk Forms“.  If you are getting married in Redding, complete the marriage license application and mail, fax or email to the Town Clerk.  You must then call the office for an appointment to have the license issued.


 Directory of Town Offices  
(203) 938-2626
Park and Recreation
(203) 938-2551
Building Department
(203) 938-2558
Registrar of Voters
(203) 938-5012
Finance Department
(203) 938-8481
Social Services
(203) 938-3580
First Selectman
(203) 938-2002
Tax Collector
(203) 938-2706
Health Department
(203) 938-2559
Town Clerk
(203) 938-2377
Highway Department
(203) 938-2801
Transfer & Recycling Station
(203) 938-3026
Land Use Office (Planning & Conservation)
(203) 938-3721
Zoning Department
(203) 938-8517


Accessibility Tools