Select Page

Business at Town Hall

Due to health concerns for the general public and town employees raised by COVID-19, Town Hall is currently closed to the public.  All departments, however, will still be working and available to answer your questions and provide you with any information you might need. Please use our online services listed below, or call or email the appropriate department.  Emails and phone messages will be checked on a regular basis throughout the day.  Click here for a listing of all town department phone numbers and email addresses.

Online Services

-Absentee Ballots Applications for the Presidential Preference Primary (the primary has been rescheduled to August 11, 2020) should be mailed to the Town Clerk (or dropped in the mail slot in the front door of Town Hall) as soon as possible for processing.  Upon receipt of the completed application, your ballot will be mailed.  Please do not come into the office to apply for your ballot – only one staff member will be in the office at all times.

-Assessor cards and information can be viewed by clicking here.

-Building Permits can be applied for online using the electronic permit application.

-Dog Licenses will be issued through the mail only.  Click here for more information.

-Funeral Directors – please call (203-938-2377) or email the Town Clerk to make arrangements for the filing of death certificates and issuance of burial/cremation permits.

-Land records are online and can be accessed at

-If you need maps or deeds that are not online, please call (203-938-2377) or email the Town Clerk at and we will make arrangements them to get them to you.

-We would prefer document recordings be done by mail, rather than in person. If a document absolutely needs to be recorded in person, please call ahead and we will make arrangements to receive the recording and will email or fax the receipt with the recording information.

-Real estate taxes can be viewed and paid online at our town website by clicking here.

-Registrar of Voters are available by appointment only.  Please call (203-938-5012) or email  If there is an emergency, contact Amy Alcott at 203-460-0261 or Meghan Ely at 203-364-7540. You can register to vote or make changes to your registration online at

-Sports Licenses to fish, hunt, and trap in Connecticut can be purchased online by going to Connecticut’s Online Sportsmen Licensing System. In addition to licenses, you can also purchase the special permits and stamps needed to hunt species like deer, resident game birds, and migratory birds. To obtain Aquarion fishing permits (required to fish at the reservoirs), call the Town Clerk’s Office at 203-938-2377.

-Vital Record Requests – Certified copies of birth, marriage and death certificates can be requested through the mail.  Complete the form and mail with your ID and check to the Town Clerk.  Forms are available under “Town Clerk Forms“.  If you are getting married in Redding, complete the marriage license application and mail, fax or email to the Town Clerk.  You must then call the office for an appointment to have the license issued.

Please stay home and stay healthy.  We will do our very best to accommodate your requests during this unprecedented crisis.






Accessibility Tools