Recycling Center and Transfer Station
The Recycling Center and Transfer Station is located at 84 Hopewell Woods Road off Route 58 (intersection of Hopewell & Beck Rd.)
The Center is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Center is closed on Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday and legal holidays.
Any closings due to weather conditions, etc. will be announced on the Town of Redding Website (https://townofreddingct.org) and the Town of Redding Facebook page.
A Permit is required to drop off all items and can be purchased at the Recycling Center and Transfer Station during normal business hours. Residential permits are valid for one year, July 1 to June 30, and each vehicle must display a permit.
The cost of a regular permit is $30 for the first vehicle and $10 for additional vehicles in the household.
For Seniors the fee is $10 for the first vehicle and $5 for additional vehicles. Permits can only be purchased at the Transfer Station. Please click here to download the form. Cash and checks accepted only.
- There is a fee to dispose of some items at the transfer station. These include garbage, demolition materials, metal, bulky waste (sofa, chairs, tables, etc.), large appliances, tires and car batteries. A fee schedule is available at the Recycling Center or click here for the Transfer Station Pricing Information & Recycling Pamphlet.
- There is no fee to drop off recyclable materials, however a permit is required.
- There is no charge to residents to dump brush if self-hauled and incidental to use only. Wood chips are free if self-hauled. No land clearing or stumps are accepted.
- Dumping of commercial brush and wood chips is $10.00 per cubic yard. Leaves and weeds are no longer accepted.
- Redding is a member of HRRA, a regional waste disposal and recycling authority.. Household Hazardous Waste collection is held throughout the Spring and Fall. This is available free to all Redding residents. Please contact the Recycling Center for exact dates or go to www.HRRA.org for more details.
If you have any questions about recycling or disposal of solid waste, please call the Center at 938-3026. Residents are always welcome to visit our facilities.
Transfer & Recycling Crew
Thank you Redding citizens for helping us build Mt. Trashmore on Rid Litter Day and keeping Redding Green and Clean (April 2022)
- Baystate Textile Recycling Bin Information
- Forms – Permit, Pricing Information & Recycling Pamphlet
- HRRA Site Info: What you can “Drop Off”
- Donate Your Car to “Wheels for Wishes”
- Household Hazardous Waste Day
- Mixed Recycling-What’s In? What’s Out?
- Organics Recycling
- “Plastic Bags-Return to Retail” Video
- Redding Only-Permitted Trash Haulers