Deadlines for Voter Registration to be Eligible to Vote
- Mailed In Application and Online Voter Registration Deadlines
- General Election: post-marked seven days before the election
- Primary: post-marked five days before the primary
- Referendum: the day before referendum
- In-Person – Application Delivered by the voter to the Registrar or Town Clerk
- General Election: 8 pm seven days prior to an election
- Primary: 12 noon the day before primary
Voter registration applications received after the deadlines will be processed after the election. Their voting privileges become effective once written approval is sent to them, no earlier than two days after the election.
You are not registered until you receive written confirmation from the Redding Office of the Registrar of Voters.
EXCEPTIONS to the deadlines outlined above are:
- If you moved to Redding after the registration deadline but before election day
- If you turned 18 years of age after the registration deadline but before election day
- If you became a U.S. citizen after the registration deadline but before election day
- If you are a member of the armed forces and a former member of the armed forces discharged within the calendar year
If you believe you qualify for one of these exceptions, contact the ROV office ASAP at 203-938-5012 or email@example.com.
If you qualify for an exception, you may register to vote.
- General Election: by 5 p.m. the day before the election
- Primary Election: by 12 noon the day before primary
- Referendum: by the close of business the day before referendum.
- No person admitted as an elector on the day of the referendum shall be entitled to vote in that referendum as a registered voter
- Caucus or Convention: by the day before caucus or convention