Select Page

Information for November 6, 2018 State Election

There will be a State Election held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Redding Community Center, 37 Lonetown Road, Redding, CT. There are two constitutional questions on the ballot – click here to view the questions and explanatory text.  Click here to view District #2 ballot.  Click here to view District #135 ballot.

Absentee Ballots will be available to pick up in person at the Town Clerk’s Office starting Tuesday, October 9, 2018.  Ballots will be mailed on October 5, 2018 to any elector who has already filed an application for absentee with the Town Clerk.  See information below regarding absentee balloting.

The Town Clerk will also be available to issue absentee ballots on Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 9:00-11:00 a.m at Town Hall.

Apply for an Absentee Ballot for an Election
Registered Voters can vote by absentee ballot if they are unable to appear at the required polling place during the hours of voting of the election for any of the following reasons:  active service in the armed forces; absence from the town during all hours of voting; illness; physical disability; religious tenets; or duties as a primary official at a polling place other than their own during all hours of voting.

An application must first be completed, and then the ballot can be issued to the applicant in person or mailed to the address indicated to on the application.  A ballot cannot be issued in person to anyone other than the applicant.

Applications for Absentee Ballots may be picked up at the Town Clerk’s Office Monday-Wednesday from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Thursday from 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m., may be mailed upon request, or can be downloaded by clicking here. Complete application, date, sign and return in person at Town Hall, 100 Hill Road, Redding or by mail to: Town Clerk, P.O. Box 1028, Redding, CT  06875.  An application can be completed and delivered to the Town Clerk at any time, and ballots will be mailed as soon as they are available. College students – file your application with the Town Clerk’s Office before you leave for school – your ballot will then be mailed to you in the first week of October.

Military or Overseas Voters may register to vote and/or apply for an absentee ballot by completing a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).

Upon receipt of the completed application, we will mail your absentee ballot.  Please contact the Town Clerk if you have any questions.  Phone: 203-938-2377 – Fax: 203-938-5000  – email:

To check your voter registration status  click here or to register to vote online, click here

Accessibility Tools