Present: Pemberton, Karvelis, Thompson
Also present: six members of the public and a representative of the Redding Pilot
First Selectman Pemberton called the March 12, 2015 meeting to order at 7:10 pm in the Redding Community Center.
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON REQUEST TO THE BOARD OF FINANCE FOR A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE UNASSIGNED FUND BALANCE
Mrs. Pemberton reviewed the request for a supplemental appropriation:
- Highway Overtime, contract services, salt & sand:
- Overtime: $65,798: costs incurred due to the winter weather
- Contract Plowing of Streets: $4,486
- Contract Plowing for schools, $3,420
- Salt, $24,906
- Retirement of Notes, $87,500, required BAN principal payment
- Legal fees:
- Special Legal, $65,321, overage to date
- Estimated costs for tax appeals, $56,500
- Estimated costs for GLDC issues, $22,000
Motion: move that the Board of Selectmen approve sending the request as presented to the Board of Finance for consideration, for a Supplemental Appropriation from the Unassigned Fund Balance for expenses through the end of the fiscal year 2014-15 for Highway Department expenses, Debt Retirement, and Legal Fees. Karvelis, Thompson. Approved. Unanimous.
Motion: move that the Board of Selectmen appoint Vanessa Alward to the Teen Center Subcommittee. Karvelis, Thompson. Approved. Unanimous.
Motion: move to adjourn the meeting. Karvelis, Thompson. Approved. Unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 7:28 pm