Present: David Pattee, Chairman; Jeremiah Ross; William Hill; Stuart Green; Tina Miller; Wallace Perlman.
Absent: Joseph Beres
Also present: Robert Flanagan, WEO/ZEO
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Minutes of April 2, 2013
-Site Inspection 4/14/13-P. Davis, 724 Redding Rd.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of S. Green, the Commission voted to approve the 4/2/13 Meeting Minutes. W. Hill abstained.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of W. Hill, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 4/14/13 Site Walk Minutes.
- PUBLIC HEARING – TO OPEN
Inland Wetlands and Watercourse Regulations. Hearing to obtain public comments on draft Revised Regulations.
On the motion of D. Pattee and the second of J. Ross, the Commission voted unanimously to open the Public Hearing to review the draft revised Regulations.
No one from the public was present for the Public Hearing.
On the motion of J. Ross and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to close the Public Hearing.
Application #13-02, Peter and Sheila Houlahan, 150 Old Redding Road. Received 3/19/13. Discussion and possible vote on an application for a tree removal project in the regulated area. Site Walk 3/24/13. Application revised to include house addition in regulated area. Discussion 4/2/13.
- Houlahan was present. D. Pattee noted receipt of and read the revised proposed project narrative.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of W. Hill, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #13-02 with the condition that a revised map be submitted inclusive of silt fence locations.
Application #13-04, Region 9 School District, Joel Barlow High School, 100 Black Rock Turnpike aka 70 Turney Road. To receive and discuss an application for Stadium Field Improvements project; including reconstruction of the bleachers, athletic lighting and a new synthetic turf field. Activity involving the location of structures,; including earth-disturbing activities within the regulated area.
Chris Hocker from Region 9 Board of Education was present along with a representative of Gale Associates. The proposed project plans were displayed and reviewed.
A list of possible chemicals used in the proposed synthetic turf was requested in addition to chemicals and alternatives proposed for use in spot cleaning.
A Site Walk is scheduled for Sun., 4/21/13 at 9:00 a.m.
Application #13-05, Escape from CT LLC (owner), Benjamin V. Soto, III, P.E. (agent), 150 Umpawaug Road. To receive and discuss an application to build a new vegetable and plant fruit garden, trail improvements and drainage improvements within the regulated area.
Mr. Soto was present in addition to the homeowner, Greg Young and soil scientist, Cynthia Rabinowitz. The proposed project plans were displayed and reviewed by Mr. Soto. Ms. Rabinowitz reviewed soils and garden details.
- Flanagan noted his concerns and questions. Mr. Young stated that no commercial use is planned.
A Site Walk is scheduled for Sun., 4/21/13 at 8:30 p.m. D. Pattee requested that stakes be placed at the corners of the proposed garden location.
Application/Violation #12-02, Ms. Pamela Davis (owner), Peter Davis (agent), 724 Redding Road. Earthmoving and deposition of woodchips, split wood, cut logs and branches in and around wetland soils to establish and stabilize property line (border) from wetlands. Site Walk 1/5/13. Discussion 1/15/13, 2/5/13, 2/19/13, 3/19/13, 4/2/13. Site Walk 4/14/13.
- Davis was present. Site Walk findings were reviewed. The Commission concurred that the wetland area needs to be pulled back to the original wetland flag line. Methods for mitigation and wetland planting use were reviewed.
- Flanagan will notify Mr. Davis prior to performing additional site inspections. Mr. Flanagan will visit the site prior to the next meeting.
Application/Violation #13-01, Charles K. Hyatt, Jr. (owner), Environmental Land Solutions, LLC (agent), 30 Sanfordtown Road. To receive and discuss an application for mitigation and stabilization of a wood road, wood lot and wildlife management and pond restoration within the regulated area.
Mr. Hyatt was present in addition to Kate Throckmorton from Environmental Land Solutions. The proposal was displayed and reviewed.
- Flanagan submitted photographs and a report noting his concerns including the presence of commercial vehicles on the property.
Ms. Throckmorton noted that G. Nazzaro will be attending the next meeting to review pond restoration details.
A Site Walk is scheduled for Sun., 4/21/13 at 9:45 a.m.
Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations. Discussion and possible vote on adopting the revised Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations.
- Pattee stated the all required sections from DEEP were included in the revised Regulations.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of J. Ross, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the revised Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations.
- CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
- Pattee discussed allocation of funds to Gilbert-Miller Park.
- Green reviewed the request by Larry Fisher to harvest cedar trees. Additional information is needed re: how many and what size.
- Green reported that the Trail Party is scheduled for 4/28/13 from 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Pattee noted completion of the bridge replacement on Knapp Way.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 10:30 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly