Present: David Pattee, Chairman; Susan Robinson; Jeremiah Ross; William Hill; Stuart Green; Tina Miller; Wallace Perlman.
Absent: Joseph Beres
Also present: Julia Pemberton, First Selectman
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of October 7, 2014
Discussion tabled until the next meeting.
1. In recognition of Jere Ross’ retirement, Julia Pemberton read a proclamation of appreciation for his achievements on behalf of the Town of Redding during his 20-year tenure on the Conservation Commission.
Susan Robinson was formally introduced as the new Commissioner.
2. Conservation issues: New trail connector at Centennial State Forest opened last week.
3. Jo-an Brooks was present and requested an investigation into lots being accessed off Den Road on Redding open space property.
4. Grant was obtained from DEEP Open Space Management Fund for the Biehn property.
5. Re: Couch Hill preserve, the open space fields have been treated with lime.
6. Re: Gilbert-Miller Park, S. Robinson submitted a quote for gravel delivery. Bayberry has been planted.
7. CACIWC Annual Meeting is being held on 11/15/14. D. Pattee, S. Robinson and S. Green will be attending.
8. S. Green reported on an offer from an Eagle Scout to clean up the tires on the Norwalk River Valley Trail.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly