Present: David Pattee, Chairman; Jeremiah Ross; Stuart Green; Tina Miller; Wallace Perlman.
Absent: William Hill; Joseph Beres
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES-Meeting of February 4, 2014
-Site Walk Minutes 2/15/14-Wertheim/Peyer, 2 John Todd Way
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of T. Miller, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 2/14/14 Meeting Minutes as amended: Page 2, seventh item under “Chairman’s Report”, change to “D. Pattee, T. Miller, J. Ross and S. Green are attending the FOI meeting on 2/11/14.”; Add to the end of “Chairman’s Report”, “The CT Forest and Parks Commission is sponsoring a Trail Day Hike on 6/7/14.”
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of J. Ross, the Commission voted to approve the 2/15/14 Site Walk Minutes. S. Green and T. Miller abstained.
Application #14-01, Andrew Wertheim and Sibyl Peyer (owners0, Nick Nelson (agent), 2 John Todd Way. Received 2/4/14. Discussion and possible vote on an application for installment of an inground pool and spa, generator, retaining walls, stone terrace and associated landscaping within the regulated area. Site Walk 2/15/14.
Nick Nelson was present for the applicant. Site Walk findings were reviewed accompanied by drawings.
- Pattee confirmed the use of a cartridge-type filter system for the proposed pool.
On the motion of J. Ross and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #14-01.
III. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
- Pattee Will complete surveys re: CACIWC survey of wetlands.
Open Space set-aside location forwarded from Planning was agreed upon.
- McLeran met with Ed Faison of Highstead. Past activities and suggestions for future activities were reviewed.
DVDs from DEEP re: wetlands are available for viewing.
Status of Redding Deer Warden was discussed.
- Pattee will obtain soil samples from Couch Hill Preserve re: required amount of lime when weather conditions permit.
- Miller joined Rivers Alliance.
- Green noted a talk at the Redding Garden Club on Mon., 3/10/14 from 1:00-2:00 pm.
- Green reviewed upcoming activities re: Norwalk River Valley Trail.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly