Present: David Pattee, Chairman; Jeremiah Ross; William Hill; Stuart Green; Joseph Beres; Tina Miller; Wallace Perlman.
Also present: Julia Pemberton, First Selectman
Leon Karvelis, Selectman
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES-Minutes of December 3, 2013
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of T. Miller, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 12/3/13 Meeting Minutes.
Application #13-11, The Mark Twain Library (owner), Stewart Lade, member Board of Trustees (agent), 439 Redding Road. Received 11/19/13. Discussion and possible vote on an application for a parking lot expansion within the regulated area. Site Walk 11/24/13. Discussion 12/3/13.
- Lade was present for the applicant. D. Pattee noted receipt of and reviewed revised drawings and memo addressing concerns as noted by A. Pardee.
On the motion of J. Ross and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #13-11.
Application #13-12, Daren and Marla Wendell, 664 Redding Road. To receive and discuss an application to relocate existing driveway.
Darren Wendell was present. The proposal was reviewed and a Site Walk was scheduled for Sun., 1/12/14 at 9:00 a.m.
Mr. Wendell was requested to stake the proposed extension locations.
III. Update Report on Open Space Deer Management Program, Deer Warden.
Chris Siburn submitted and reviewed an update report.
- Pattee reiterated that the goal of the program is to preserve forest diversity and re-establish the forest understory.
Per Ms. Pemberton, efforts are being made to obtain the DEEP Deer Management Plan.
An end-of-season report will be submitted and discussed by March, 2014.
- CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The Commission will support the construction of a Facebook page for Gilbert-Miller Park.
The CT Land Conservation Council is holding a seminar on 3/15/14 at Wesleyan University.
Re: SWERPA/Saugatuck River Watershed Plan, D. Pattee and N. King conducted field reconnaissance. Additional reconnaissance will be conducted later this spring.
A meeting is scheduled for 1/9/14 to discuss replacement of the bridge on Route 53.
- Pemberton reported that the bridge project on Stepney Road is postponed due to the timing of the permitting process.
- Pattee is meeting with Steve Stamos, Conservation Land Committee, on 1/13/14 at 9:00am at the Land Use Office re: trails.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:50 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly