Present: David Pattee, Chairman; Susan Robinson; William Hill; Stuart Green; Joseph Beres; Tina Miller.
Absent: Wallace Perlman
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES-Minutes of December 16, 2014
-Minutes of Site Inspection 12/20/14
Alice McNulty, 76 Peaceable St.
On the motion of S. Green and the second of T. Miller, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 12/16/14 Meeting Minutes.
On the motion of S. Green and the second of W. Hill, the Commission voted to approve the 12/20/14 Site Inspection Minutes. T. Miller abstained.
Application #14-08, Old Stone Estates (owner), P.W. Scott (agent), 12 Marchant Road and 55 Chestnut Woods Road. Received 12/2/14. Discussion and possible vote on an application for regulated activities associated with a proposed 14-lot subdivision. Site Walk 12/7/14.
- Scott was present for the applicant. J. Beres reported that he listened to the disc of the 12/2/14 meeting.
- Pattee noted receipt of a National Diversity Database map. New plans with a revision date of 12/22/14 were also received.
Mr. Scott reviewed the National Diversity Database map. The map named “Alternate B” is the proposed access route.
Open Space recommendation options were discussed.
Consultant report from Milone & MacBroom is pending. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
Application #14-19, Alice McNulty (owner), Nazzaro, Inc. (agent), 76 Peaceable Street. Received 12/16/14. Discussion and possible vote on an application to restore pond to original depth and shape. Site Walk 12/20/14.
- Nazzaro was present for the applicant. Site Walk findings were reviewed.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of S. Green, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #14-19. S. Robinson recommended backside stabilization with buffer plantings.
Application #14-20, Mary Maroun (owner), Gregory J. Maroun (agent), 42 Meeker Hill Road. To receive and discuss an application for construction of an addition to residence within the regulated area.
- Maroun was present for the applicant. The proposal was reviewed accompanied by a displayed survey map.
A Site Walk is scheduled for Sun., 1/11/15 at 8:30 a.m. D. Pattee requested that stakes be placed at the four corners of the proposed addition.
Application #14-21, Eric and Ritu Duenwald, 45 High Ridge Road. To replace existing deck within the regulated area.
- Duenwald was present. Mr. Duenwald reviewed the request for a permit for a constructed deck.
A Site Walk is scheduled for Sun., 1/11/15 at 9:00 a.m.
Mr. and Mrs. Mark Mirowski, 162 Sunset Hill Road. To discuss letter from Aimee Pardee, Zoning/Conservation Enforcement Officer, that the existing fence is within the Conservation Easement area and must be removed, the area returned to its natural state, and pasturing of horses within this area may not continue. Discussion 11/18/14; 12/2/14.
Discussion will continue pending receipt of a report from A. Pardee.
Application/Violation #12-02V, Ms. Pamela Davis (owner), Peter Davis (agent), 724 Redding Road. Earthmoving and disposition of woodchips, split wood, cut logs and branches in and around wetland soils to establish property line (border) from wetlands. Discussion 7/1/14; 11/18/14.
- Pardee is working with Commission Counsel. Discussion will continue pending receipt of a report or attendance by Mr. Davis.
III. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
- Pattee will be attending the Selectmen’s budget hearing on 1/9/15.
- Hill will obtain a price for fertilizer for a late spring application at Couch Hill Preserve.
CT Land Preservation and Land Trust memberships have been renewed.
- Robinson will check with J. McLeran re: potential sites for botany field trip.
- Green reported on receipt of contributions re: NRVT.
The First Selectmen’s brown bag lunch is postponed to the second Wed. in January. A scheduled coffee hour is also scheduled for Sat., 1/10/15 at 8:00 a.m.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of W. Hill, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:50 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly