Present: David Pattee, Chairman; Susan Robinson; Stuart Green; Joseph Beres; Tina Miller; Wallace Perlman.
Absent: William Hill
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Minutes of March 17, 2015
-Site Walk Minutes of 3/25/15-13 Mountain Rd.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of T. Miller, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 3/17/15 Meeting Minutes as amended: Page 2, third item under “Chairman’s Report”, move second sentence down to be a fourth item under “Chairman’s Report”.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of J. Beres, the Commission voted to approve the 3/25/15 Site Walk Minutes. T. Miller abstained.
Application #15-02, Branchville, LLC, 13 Mountain Road. Received 1/20/15. Discussion and possible vote on an application to locate and rough out a driveway within the regulated area. Discussion 2/17/15; 3/17/15. Site Walk 3/25/15.
- DiVesta was present. Site Walk findings were reviewed and S. Green noted the addition of soil stockpile locations on the map as requested.
- Robinson suggested buffer plantings near the wetland.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of J. Beres, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #15-02.
To Grant an Extension to Permit #05-54, as modified, Georgetown Land Development Company, LLC (owners), Richard S. Gibbons, Esq. (agent), 1 North Main Street, Georgetown. Request to renew Permit #05-54, as modified, to September 19, 2020.
Atty. Gibbons was present for the applicant. D. Pattee noted that an extension is agreeing to all the conditions of the original permit.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of T. Miller, the Commission voted unanimously to extend Permit #05-54 to September 19, 2020.
- Trail Maintenance. John Pollack was present. S. Green discussed the current status of the trail that Mr. Pollack is offering to renovate and has requested to widen. D. Pattee noted that the Commission would oversee the project. The current trail tender will be invited to the Site Walk scheduled for Sun., 4/12/15 at 9:00 a.m.
- John Read Middle School-Conservation Fair. D. Pattee reviewed the request for participation in a fair to raise money for a water refill station at JRMS. Anyone able to participate should contact D. Pattee within a week. Additional information re: date and time will be requested.
III. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
An update was provided re: filming project at Saugatuck Falls Natural Area. The original request and conditions from Police Chief Fuchs have been agreed to and the park will remain open.
- Green has scheduled a trail party on Sun., 4/26/15 from 4:00 p.m.-6:00pm.
- Pattee met with John McLeran re: tree removal plan at Couch Hill. He will contact W. Hill re: fertilizer. The current maintenance crew will be utilized.
Grace Baptist was present regarding plans for Couch Hill Preserve and requested removal of brush and overgrowth. Due to the plans for maintenance, she was given permission to remove only white pine saplings.
- Green updated plans for Trails Day.
On the motion of T. Miller and the second of W. Perlman, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:10 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly