Select Page

Minutes of Conservation Commission, 07/05/2016

AGENDA: Conservation Commission

RECEIVED 07/07/2016 8:30am

Notice: Trying to get property 'name' of non-object in /home/customer/www/townofreddingct.org/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi-child/single-minute.php on line 46

MINUTES
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House

Present: David Pattee, Chairman; Susan Robinson; William Hill; Stuart Green; Joseph Beres; Tina Miller; Wallace Perlman.

The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.

I.   APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Minutes of June 21, 2016
Site Inspection Minutes June 27, 2016
– 3 Redcoat Lane, M/M Wagner
– 15 Silversmith Rd., R. Tompkins/North Point Construction
– 107 Simpaug Turnpike, V. Pelusio/A-1 Septic Company
On the motion of S. Green and the second of T. Miller, the Commission voted to approve the 6/21/16 Meeting Minutes. J. Beres abstained.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of W. Hill, the Commission voted to approve the 6/27/16 Site Inspection Minutes.  J. Beres abstained.

II.    REGULATORY

Application/Violation #16-04, Michael and Louise Wagner, 3 Redcoat Lane. Received 6/7/16. Discussion and possible vote on an application to remove invasives, dead brush, and litter. Replace with healthy grasses appropriate to the site within the regulated area. Discussion 6/21/16. Site Walk 6/27/16.
Mrs. Wagner was present.  Site Walk findings were reviewed. Mrs. Wagner reported that grass seed has been applied and phragmites may be sprayed with Round Up in the fall.
D. Pattee and S. Green reiterated the previous request to submit a remediation plan including a list of native species to be planted in the wetlands. Additional details re: phragmite removal schedule are needed. D. Pattee informed Mrs. Wagner of the DEEP website which has a list of appropriate native plants.
Discussion will continue pending receipt of the detailed remediation plan.

Application #16-06, Richard Tompkins (owner), North Point Construction (Mark Giumarra, agent), 15 Silversmith Lane. Received 6/7/16. Discussion and possible vote on an application to extend porch and installation of an inground swimming pool within the regulated area. Discussion 6/21/16. Site Walk 6/27/17.
M. Giumarra was present for the applicant. Site Walk findings were reviewed. Silt fence locations were drawn on the map.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of W. Hill, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #16-06.

Application #16-07, Vincent Pelusio (owner), A-1 Septic (Dennis Carlson, agent), 107 Simpaug Turnpike. Received 6/21/16. Discussion and possible vote on an application for installation of a septic system within the regulated area. Site Walk 6/27/16.
Mr. Pelusio and Dennis Carlson were present.  Site Walk findings were reviewed.  S. Green noted the field angle is at 45-degrees.
On the motion of W. Perlman and the second of S. Green, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #16-07 with the mapping correction as discussed.

Application #16-08, Mark and Trish Doyle, 473 Newtown Turnpike. To receive and discuss an application for construction of a driveway and installation of drains within an upland review area for construction of a single-family dwelling within the regulated area.
Tom Quinn and Mark Doyle were present.  T. Quinn displayed and reviewed the plan.  A Site Walk is scheduled for Mon., 7/11/16 at 5:30 p.m. Stakes should be placed at proposed locations.

III.       CONSERVATION MATTERS

Redding Land Trust presentation and discussion on set-aside easements.
Laurie Heiss and Silvia Erskine were present for the Land Trust to present proposal of transferring three set-aside easements.
Discussion will continue.

IV.   CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

D. Pattee stated that work at Stormfield has been signed off on.
S. Green contacted J. Pemberton re: potential insurance coverage.
W. Perlman will chair the next meeting.
The First Selectman brown bag lunch is scheduled for 7/6/16.
D. Pattee provided a status update re: Biehn property.

On the motion of T. Miller and the second of S. Robinson, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:30 p.m.

Submitted by:
Kristi C. Reilly