Town of Redding
Historic Review Committee
P.O. Box 1028
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
MINUTES OF SPECIAL MEETING
Saturday, December 29, 2018
140 Old Redding Road, Redding CT
Present: Chairman Ray D’Angelo, Secretary Anda Cumings, alternate Sherry Karraker, Land Use Officer Aimee Pardee, April Pardee, property owner Bryan Gregg, Brad Gregg, Mary Jo Gregg, Hana Gregg, Sako Newman
All present walked the property and discussed the condition of the house, which appears to be heavily deteriorated. A large pine in the front yard is leaning into the house and has damaged the foundation. Most of the sills and window frames are rotted. Looking into the house from the windows, the interior is substantially worn down and in poor condition, with visible mold throughout. A heavy mold odor can be detected from outside the house. Besides the garage at the edge of the road (previously released for demolition) there are two outbuildings- a garden shed with an attached greenhouse area, and a small log cabin style cottage. The yard features several former flower beds and a wide variety of shrubs and plantings. Aimee Pardee suggests having Stu Reeve taking some interior photos of the main dwelling and possibly providing more information about the historical aspects of the property. She will try to arrange this with him when he returns to Connecticut on January 5th. The Historic Review Committee meets again on January 3rd at which time it will further discuss the site visit and set the date for the public hearing. The property owner Bryan Gregg is urged to get a copy of the mold report from the insurance company specialist.
The visit ended at approximately 11:40AM.
Anda E. Cumings, Secretary