Park and Recreation Commission
December 3, 2018
Present: Kevin Jones (Chair), Scott Palmer, Mary Lou Carlson; Rob Blick
CALL TO ORDER
Mr. Jones called the meeting to order at 7:36pm
• Rob Blick reported that Basketball season has started. The Tree Lighting and Lyrics Coffee House events were well attended.
• The Spring brochure will be heading to the printer next week.
• The trip to see ‘Dear Evan Hansen” was a success. Mr. Blick stated that P&R has secured tickets to “To Kill a Mockingbird” on May 24.
• P& R have also secured tickets to Yankees-Mets at Citi Field and Yankees-Red Sox at Yankee Stadium this baseball season.
• The Topstone Park Entrance Eagle Scout project has been completed.
• The athletic fields are officially closed for the year.
• The ice rink will be setup within a week or so.
• Mr. Blick reviewed certain areas of the budget, in anticipation of next month’s town budget workshop.
LETTER OF CORRESPONDENCE
-No correspondence discussed
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
-Motion to approve minutes from the November 5, 2018 meeting. Motion Palmer, Carlson (second), unanimous.
DISCUSSION OF PREVIOUS BUSINESS
-Mr. Jones discussed the possible redesign of the P&R brochure. The issue will be revisited in the January meeting in an attempt to solidify plans to move forward with updating the design of the brochure.
ADDITIONAL NEW BUSINESS
-Mr. Jones reviewed the possible future dates for P&R Commission meetings. The commission discussed moving the July meeting from the 1st to the 8th, in an attempt to avoid conflicts with family travel on the 4th (which is a Thursday). All agreed to the July 8th date.
SUPPLEMENTAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Motion Palmer, Carlson, unanimous. Adjourned at 8:19 pm
Submitted: Kevin Jones