Park and Recreation Commission
January 7, 2019
Present: Kevin Jones (Chair), Scott Palmer, Mary Lou Carlson (7:39); Rob Blick
CALL TO ORDER
Mr. Jones called the meeting to order at 7:30pm
• Rob Blick reported that the public Ice Rink is ready to go, with the hopes of having operating hours as early as next week, with 2 college students ready to help with the shoveling and water over the next few weeks.
• Mr. Jones will stand in for Mr. Blick and report to the Board of Selectman next Friday.
• Basketball leagues are underway, beginning at 8am on Saturdays and ending around 7:30pm.
• Fred Astaire Dance Studios will now offer a Ballroom Dance class through Park and Recreation. They have offered a Free set of Dance Lessons for our fundraiser at the March 2nd Barn Dance.
• Mr. Blick shared a lengthy list of upcoming trips and special events, which included ski trips, Broadway shows and Major League basbeall games. All events are on the Park and Rec calendar.
LETTER OF CORRESPONDENCE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
-Motion to approve minutes from the December 3, 2018 meeting. Motion Carlson, Palmer (second), unanimous.
DISCUSSION OF PREVIOUS BUSINESS
– Mr. Jones reviewed the submitted dates for 2019 Commission meetings.
-Mr. Blick discussed the upcoming Barn Dance, and how it will be promoted leading up to the March event date.
DISCUSSION OF BROCHURE RE-DESIGN
– Mr. Jones agreed to take the lead on the Park & Recreation Brochure re-design, with the intent of having design samples for the next meeting.
ADDITIONAL NEW BUSINESS
-Mr. Blick reviewed budget items to be presented at the town budget workshop on Friday, January 11th.
SUPPLEMENTAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Motion Jones, Palmer, unanimous. Adjourned at 8:58 pm
Submitted: Kevin Jones