Park and Recreation Commission
January 13, 2020
Present: Kevin Jones (Chair), Scott Palmer, Mitch Edwards, Pete Graziano
CALL TO ORDER
Mr. Jones called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
REVIEW OF DIRECTOR’S REPORT
– Mr. Blick reported the following:
– There is a slight net decrease of the net cost to the town for the department (not counting full-time staff pay increase, which are set by the Board of Selectman and Board of Finance).
– The main area of focus for our capital projects is the pavilion at RCC fields, followed by the replacement playground at Topstone Park.
– The Ice Rink was opened a few days before Christmas, with colder weather predicted for the immediate future we should enjoy a good season on the ice.
– The latest brochure is being mailed out.
– Basketball leagues are up and running.
– The coffee house series enjoyed its third installment last Friday with the Whispering Tree performing.
– We ran quite a few free youth/family open gym times during vacation week that drew between 40 and 60 participants each day.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM October 7, 2019
-Motion Edwards, Palmer (second), unanimous.
DISCUSSION OF PREVIOUS BUSINESS
– The Budget workshop was reviewed and discussed by the commission.
ADDITIONAL NEW BUSINESS OR INITIATIVES
SUPPLEMENTAL PUBLIC COMMENT
– Motion Jones, Graziano (second), unanimous. Adjourned at 8:13 pm
Submitted: Kevin Jones