Park and Recreation Commission
March 2, 2020
Present: Kevin Jones (Chair), Mitch Edwards, Pete Graziano, Lorcan O’Connor
CALL TO ORDER
Mr. Jones called the meeting to order at 7:32 pm.
REVIEW OF DIRECTOR’S REPORT
Mr. Blick reviewed his report:
– The ski trips and ice rink were adversely effected by the warm weather this winter.
– With spring right around the corner, we are securing our lifeguards and supervisory staff at Topstone.
– We will start spring cleanups at Topstone and the Community Gardens in the coming weeks.
– The Basketball league is winding down in the next two weeks. The REBGC is running their Basketball palooza tournament on March 21st.
– Tentative opening date for RCC and Redding School fields is April 8th, possibly earlier if the weather continues to cooperate.
– Bands for the Concert on the Green series are almost all booked. Letters will go out in March for donations from residents.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM February 3, 2020
-Motion Edwards, Graziano (second), unanimous.
DISCUSSION OF PREVIOUS BUSINESS
-The Pavilion project is shovel-ready should funding become available.
-An analysis will be done this spring on the soil at RCC 2 to begin completion of the drainage project.
-Earth Day anniversary will be celebrated in Redding on Saturday 4/25 in the Community Room at RCC with a Totally Free Market – residents can bring their used items to be repurposed with no money exchanged.
ADDITIONAL NEW BUSINESS OR INITIATIVES
SUPPLEMENTAL PUBLIC COMMENT
– Motion Jones, O’Connor (second), unanimous. Adjourned at 8:12 pm
Submitted: Kevin Jones