Park & Recreation Commission
April 3, 2017
Present: K. Jones, C. Hunter, S. Palmer
Also Present: Rob Blick and 1 member of the Public
CALL TO ORDER
Mr. Jones called the meeting to order at 7:36 pm
Mr.Blick reviewed his written report.
- Spring Brochure is out.
- Coffeehouse Series continues this Friday, April 7. The series is enjoying a successful run this year.
- The Basketball-Palooza event raised approx $3,500.00 on behalf of the REBGC.
- There will be a Concert on the Green Fundraiser on May 13, 2017 at the RCC at 8:00pm to raise funds necessary to continue the series this summer without losing concerts due to budget cuts.
- Most of our Summer Camp counselors and lifeguards will be returning this year, and we are interviewing for remaining open positions right now.
- April Vacation Camp will run during the April School recess next week.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A quorum was not present. Approval of March meeting moved to May meeting.
DISCUSSION OF OLD BUSINESS
Drainage evaluation of the RCC fields should be done within the next few weeks.
DISCUSSION OF CONCERT ON THE GREEN FUNDRAISER
The fundraising event was covered during Mr. Blick’s Directors report (see above).
DISCUSSION OF DRAINAGE ASSESSMENT/FIELDS UPDATE
Also covered during Mr. Blick’s Directors report (see above).
ADDITIONAL NEW BUSINESS OR INITIATIVES
SUPPLEMENTAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Motion Hunter, Palmer. Approved 3-0-0 Adjourned at 7:59 pm.
Submitted by: Kevin Jones