Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Michael Nostin, Alt., seated for J. Bacon; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for T. Welles.
Absent: James Bacon; Toby Welles
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Minutes of 6/24/14
On the motion of N. King and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 6/24/14 Minutes as amended: Page 1, second paragraph under first item under “Administrative”, second sentence, change to “J. Brooks will determine who will be willing to own the easement.”; Page 2, third paragraph under “2B.”, last line, change “6/24/14” to “6/19/14”.
1. Application for Speed Hump on Poverty Hollow Road, a Designated Scenic Road. Robert Morton.
Discussion tabled until next meeting.
2a. Referral from Zoning. Application for a residential apartment in an existing building. J. Vega, 50 Putnam Park Road. Public Hearing 7/25/14.
The Commission reviewed the referral and maps.
On the motion of M. Nostin and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to recommend a favorable response as the referral is in accordance with the Town Plan of Conservation & Development.
2b.Section 4.3 Roads and Driveways, 4.4: Waivers and Section VIII Definitions to review for revision. John Hayes.
On the motion of N. King and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Section 4.3 Roads and Driveways as amended and approve for a Public Hearing.
On the motion of N. King and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Section 4.4 Waivers as amended and approve for a Public Hearing.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteer’s Reports.
Commissioners reviewed their assigned road monitoring. J. Brooks noted that work will commence on Cross Highway on 7/14/14 and suggested measurement of existing road width and identification of locations needing special care. R. O’Brien will follow up with J. Hanson.
Chief Fuchs’ suggestion of reflectors instead of a centerline stripe on Poverty Hollow Road was discussed.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/14 contacting engineer.
2. Subdivision App. #402, 2 John Todd Way, Lot One. Request to alter Building Construction Restriction Line. Andrew Wertheim and Sybil Peyer (owners), Nick Nelson (agent). Site Walk 3/29/14. Discussion 4/8/14. Map submitted with application.
3. Request for Plantings, 206 Umpawaug Road. Discussion of easement.
4. Lisa Lind Larson – Proposed Conservation Easement – Discussion.
5. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
6. Sight Line Regulations. Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
7. Subcommittee list to review, attached. Nancy has 5 and Toby has 3+3 alternates.
8. Sight Line Problems: 56 Marchant Road. J. Hanson’s plan and budget.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Sen. Boucher and Rep. Shaban will be holding a meeting on 7/23/14 at the Weston Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.
Soil & Water Conservation Society will be meeting on 7/25/14 at 9:30 a.m. in N. Franklin, MA.
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:20 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly