Redding Planning Commission
P.O. Box 1028
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Nancy King; seated as Chairman; James Bacon, Alt., seated for A. Cumings; Claire Matzke, Alt., seated for S. Gagnon; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for T. Welles.
Absent: Toby Welles, Chairman; Anda Cumings; Steve Gagnon; Chuck Cilo
Also present: John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
Aimee Pardee, ZEO/WEO
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 2/13/18 and 2/27/18
Site Walk, App. #504, 40 Mountain Road, Jay Keillor
App. #513, 52 Mountain Road, Pay Dirt LLC
The 2/14/18 Meeting Minutes were approved at the 2/27/18 Meeting.
On the motion of C. Matzke and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 2/27/18 Meeting Minutes.
On the motion of R. O’Brien and the second of C. Matzke, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the Keillor and Pay Dirt LLC Site Walk Minutes.
II. PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED
Resubdivision App. #527, 42 Wayside Lane, Paula S. Cartoun, Trust. Proposed resubdivision of 9.31 acres into 2 lots. Presentation 11/28/17. Public Hearing opened 1/9/18. Continued 1/23/18, 2/13/18. Extension granted to 2/27/18.
Discussion is tabled to the next meeting.
Referral from Zoning: Amendment to Zoning Regulations 18-11Z. Public Hearing scheduled for 5/9/18. To discuss.
Aimee Pardee briefly reviewed the four proposed amendments to be considered at a Public Hearing scheduled for 5/9/18. The Commission will receive written information for review and further discussion at the next meeting.
Request from Robert Allison, 63 Stepney Road. To discuss a solution to alleviate large trucks, etc. from using Poverty Hollow Road, a Scenic Road, as a cut-through road.
Nancy King stated that per J. Brooks, this is likely a prevalent issue due to the widely available GPS systems. Toby Welles will be requested to follow up on his investigation with GPS providers.
John Hayes noted that a road classification system can be included in the Town Plan of Conversation & Development whereby certain roads can be identified as unsuitable for large vehicles.
Discussion will continue.
1. App. #504, Mountainside Estates. Jay Keillor requests permission to move the driveway to the south. Site Walk 2/25/18. Report from John Hayes.
Discussion will continue pending receipt of additional information
2. Reference App. #513, 52 Mountain Road, “Pay Dirt LLC”, Atty. Neil Marcus, agent. Request to amend approved subdivision. Site Walk 2/25/18. Report from J. Hayes. Bill Deickler, Pay Dirt LLC was present. John Hayes reviewed the displayed map and stated that the proposed accessway travels through the minimum rectangle which is prohibited. Options were discussed such as a land exchange with the Land Trust or a applying for a zoning variance.
Mr. Deickler reviewed the bond status and stated that the stonewall, drainage, driveway and fire tank issues have been resolved. He noted the amendment to the drainage system plan as presented by Mike Mazzucco. Mr. Deickler reported that he was unable to get information re: bond from either the Land Use or Comptroller office. A meeting will be scheduled with the Land Use office, Comptroller office and land owners. Atty. Neil Marcus was informed of this proposed meeting when he arrived at the meeting.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008
2008 Plan Recommendations to be submitted to the office by email with the following advice (a) to be pursued currently, (b) to be continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) to be discontinued. All chapters to be emailed to: Planning@townofreddingct.org.
Mr. Bacon will coordinate with John Hayes re: Chapter 10, Georgetown.
Mr. Hayes provided an update regarding his search for a new GIS mapping provider for supplemental mapping.
4. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
5. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Discussion.
6. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Updated version reviewed by Counsel. Discussion of Commission’s review.
Discussion tabled pending receipt of T. Welles’ requested clarifications from Commission Counsel.
7. IHZ Status. Discussion for action
- Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
- Cul-de-sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
- Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly