Select Page

Minutes of Planning Commission, 06/19/2018

AGENDA: Planning Committee Special Meeting

RECEIVED 06/25/2018 11:39am
Michele R. Grande – Redding Town Clerk

Redding Planning Commission
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028

Minutes
Special Meeting
June 19, 2018
Redding Community Center Multi-purpose Room
37 Lonetown Road
Redding, Connecticut
6:30 P.M.

Present: Toby Welles, Chairman; Commissioner Chuck Cilo; Commissioner Anda Cumings; Commissioner Nancy King; Alternate Jim Bacon; Alternate Regina O’Brien; Alternate Clair Matzke.

Absent: Commissioner Steve Gagnon.

Also present: Aimee Pardee, ZEO/WEO.

The Chairman called the meeting to order at 6:40 p.m.; R. O’Brien was seated for S. Gagnon.

I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 6/12/18
Discussion of this item was tabled until the next regularly scheduled meeting.

II. ADMINISTRATIVE
Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2018. Workshop to review possible revisions to Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of 2008 Town Plan of Conservation & Development.

The Commission reviewed Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the 2008 Town Plan of Conservation and Development, noting changes not only in planning guidance but also updates of demographics, and names of organizations. T. Welles reviewed Chapter 1. He said that, overall, the chapter needs few changes with the exception of the discussion of housing. The Commission discussed changes in the housing market since 2008. The Incentive Housing Zone was also mentioned as this needs to be added to the text, as well as the desire to obtain the State-owned land which is part of that zone. The Commission discussed existing village centers and what is the vision for those areas in the coming years. There was also a mention of the need to add the NRVT under the Conservation and Preservation subsection.

N. King reviewed Chapter 2 with the Commission. In discussing Redding’s natural features, N. King suggested that everyone compile a list of favorite natural features to share in future meetings. There was also a discussion of possible aquifer protection zones. Additional data needed for the chapter was discussed including updated lyme disease data, and total open space including easements. The Commission discussed having links to all the maps in the new on-line version and T. Welles noted that all maps should be vector-based maps.
R. O’Brien reviewed Chapter 3. She noted that the entire Section regarding Georgetown should be removed as well as information about power lines and Meadow Ridge. In reviewing the remainder of the chapter, The Commission discussed the desire to add some information about history of the name of “Limekiln Road” with information about other historic road. The need to revise open space numbers was again mentioned. There was also a discussion regarding the future of a Georgetown train station.

The Commission decided to continue to the next chapters at the next meeting. After a brief review, it was decided to work on Chapters 5 and 6 at the next meeting as the data for Chapter 4 is not yet available.

III. PENDING
1. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. Specific Issues:
• T. Welles contacting J. Hanson re Old Hattertown Road drainage and dirt road management (i.e. Topstone) and possible training.
• New accessway cut, with deposited woodchips, on Old Hattertown Rd.
• Foliage cut on Sanfordtown Road.

2. Reference App’l #495: 63 Mountain Road. Request by owners Chris and Danielle Messina to remove and replace one tree that had been required to be retained.

3. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Other? S.R. 4.8 apply to all lots. J. Hayes to provide drafts. Discussion.

4. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Updated version reviewed by Counsel. J. Bacon to provide comments regarding arbitration section.

5. IHZ Status. N. King report regarding list of members of commission.

6. Discussion of Solution to prevent truck and tour bus traffic on narrow roads, i.e. GPS companies, signage. Discuss specific roads requiring additional signage.

7. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.

8. Reference App’l #504, Mountainside Estates. 40 Mountain Road. Jay Keillor request of detailed bond release schedule.

9. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 Road Regs. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Dept.
needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.

10. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.

There was no discussion of pending items.

IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
There was no discussion under this agenda item.

On the motion of C. Cilo and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 p.m.

Submitted by,
Aimee Pardee

Accessibility Tools
hide