Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Toby Welles; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Absent: Michael Nostin
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 5/27/14
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 5/27/14 Minutes.
1. Limekiln Rd. Scenic Rd. complaint. Ted Ogonek.
Ted Ogonek was present. He reviewed his concerns re: Limekiln Road and submitted photographs. T. Welles will discuss with J. Hanson next week. The need for a uniform method of treating future issues will be addressed in a letter.
Michael Thompson concurred that there isn’t widespread awareness of the Planning Commission’s purview re: Scenic Roads.
Mr. Ogonek will assume Scenic Road monitoring of Limekiln to replace Tom Flagg and will consider monitoring Whortleberry Road.
D. Taylor noted the need for a photographic history of any new roads proposed to be identified as Designated Scenic Roads.
2. Section 4.3 Roads and Driveways, 4.4: Waivers and Section VIII Definitions to review for revision. John Hayes.
Discussion tabled pending receipt of redlined corrections.
3. Sight Line Problems: 56 Marchant Road. J. Hanson’s plan and budget.
T. Welles reviewed the plan and budget from J. Hanson for installation of a speed hump and will meet with him to confirm.
4. Request for Plantings, 187 Umpawaug Road – A Designated Scenic Road. Greg Young, owner, Andrew Brodtman, Twombly Nurseries, agent. Generic list to be sent to Andrew Brodtman and filed in office.
No further action needed. Observations of plantings at this property were discussed.
5. Letter re mergers of Regional Agencies. Draft letter.
T. Welles’ letter was reviewed and will be forwarded to Jonathan Chew.
6. Cell Tower: Response to Siting Council application on file at Land Use Office and Town Clerk’s office. PH 7/29/14 at 3:00 p.m.
T. Welles’ letter was submitted and reviewed. Commissioners will review in detail and submit any edits by 6/11/14.
7. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports and draft a letter to Highway Dept.
A. Cumings will add Mark Twain Lane and new Commissioner Mike Nostin will assume Lee and Wayside Lanes.
III. PENDING ITEMS – NOT FOR ACTION CURRENTLY
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13, 4/16/14.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
3. Sight Line Regulations. Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
4. Subdivision App. #402, 2 John Todd Way, Lot One. Request to alter Building Construction Restriction Line. Andrew Wertheim and Sybil Peyer (owners), Nick Nelson (agent). Site Walk 3/29/14. Discussion 4/8/14. Map submitted with application.
5. Subcommittee list to review, attached. Nancy has 5 and Toby has 3+3 alternates.
6. Lisa Lind Larson – Proposed Conservation Easement – Discussion.
7. Request for Planting, 206 Umpawaug Road. Discussion of easement.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Town Hall Style Meeting 5/29/14, Library at 6:30 p.m. Suggest accessory apartment ideas. Report from attendees.
A. Cumings attended and reported on the 5/29/14 meeting and challenges Redding faces re: accessory apartments.
2. Waste Treatment Plant, 6/12/14, 7:00-8:00 p.m. tour. J. Bacon, R. O’Brien, N. King and A. Cumings will attend.
3. N. King and J. Hayes will attend the Zoning Commission meeting on 6/25/14 re: IHZ.
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:15 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly