Tuesday, September 25, 2018
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Toby Welles; Chairman; James Bacon, Alt., N. King; Chuck Cilo; Anda Cumings, seated at 7:52 p.m.; Steve Gagnon.
Absent: Nancy King; Claire Matzke, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Also present: Aimee Pardee, Land Use Director
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 9/11/18 and 9/18/18
On the motion of J. Bacon and the second of C. Cilo, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 9/11/18 Meeting Minutes and 9/18/19 Special Meeting Minutes.
1. Referral from Selectmen: Opinion regarding paving of dirt portion of Pocahontas Road. Letters sent to all property owners along dirt portion of road.
Aimee Pardee confirmed that no additional responses from residents have been received. The Commission noted the lack of feedback and evidence from residents as a group.
On the motion of S. Gagnon and the second of C. Cilo, the Commission voted unanimously to forward a negative response to the Board of Selectmen and suggest that the Highway Department be requested to evaluate for a possible solution.
2. Referral from Zoning: 135 Limekiln Road. Request for Special Use Permit for a detached accessory apartment. Public Hearing October 10, 2018.
The referral was reviewed. Specific information is needed to determine affordable housing parameters. John Hayes will be requested to submit concrete data to aid in further discussion re: affordable housing in town.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of S. Gagnon, the Commission voted unanimously to forward a positive response to Zoning.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008. Recommendations to be submitted to the office by email Planning@townofreddingct.org for John Hayes.
John Hayes summarized the status of received and pending mapping. T. Welles stated that the chapters have been marked up to indicate where statistical data needs to be updated. Mr. Hayes will be meeting with Police Chief O’Donnell regarding accidents. He will also request data re: deer strikes.
A Special Meeting is scheduled for 10/2/18 at the Town Hall Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
4. Discussion recognition of Jo-an’s years of service.
No new information or discussion.
1. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. J. Bacon has provided comments. Referred to Peter Olson, Esq.
2. IHZ Status. N. King report regarding list of members of commission.
3. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
4. Reference App. #504, Mountainside Estates, 40 Mountain Road. Jay Keillor request of detailed bond release scheduled.
5. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
6. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
7. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. Old Hattertown Road, encroachment. 230 Poverty Hollow Road and 20 Old Hattertown Road.
8. Amendment to Section 5.2 of the Redding Subdivision Regulations regarding clearing and regrading.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Toby Welles stated that Commission Counsel P. Olson has received the CL&P easement re: Old Hattertown Road and has addressed how it as it pertains to the accessway that has been altered. Ms. Pardee stated that the owners have been issued a letter requesting their attendance at the October 9, 2018 meeting.
On the motion of S. Gagnon and the second of C. Cilo, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:05 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly