Tuesday, January 8, 2019
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Toby Welles; Chairman; Chuck Cilo; Anda Cumings; Claire Matzke, Alt., seated for N. King.
Absent: Steve Gagnon; Nancy King; Regina O’Brien, Alt; James Bacon, Alt.
Also present: Aimee Pardee, Town Planning Director
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 11/27/18
-Meeting of 12/11/18 Cancelled
On the motion of A. Cumings and the second of C. Cilo, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 11/27/18 meeting Minutes.
1. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2018. Update.
Toby Welles reviewed his plan to release the Town Plan pending receipt of information from John Hayes. There are existing tables that need to be filled in on Chapter 6. A. Cumings and S. Gagnon will review and pass on to the Assessor and Steve Gniadek, Finance Director, for assistance in accessing the needed data.
Claire Matzke will review the Real Estate section.
2. Referral from Town of Wilton: 10 North Main Street, Wilton, CT. Motors Group Associates LP (owners). Request for a Zone Change from Residential One Acre to General Business.
The referral and accompanying maps were reviewed in detail.
On the motion of C. Matzke and the second of C. Cilo, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter to the affected residents to inform them about the hearing in Wilton and to forward their responses if they have a concern.
3. Referral from Zoning: 39 Orchard Drive, Deborah and Peter Mygatt. Request for a Special Use Permit to use an existing building to conduct church services. Public Hearing scheduled for 1/9/19.
Toby Welles provided a history of this property and the reason for the referral. A. Pardee confirmed that there is a permitted sign and the Health Department has issued an approval for the proposed use.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter to Zoning indicating that the Town Plan of Conservation & Development is silent on the matter of religious uses and noting that such uses are protected by federal law, therefore, the Planning Commission has no reason to object.
4. Discussion: 2019. Wish list and goals.
Items on the Pending list were reviewed in terms of resolution, action or removal.
1. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. J. Bacon has provided comments. Referred to Peter Olson, Esq.
2. IHZ Status. N. King report regarding list of members of commission.
3. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
4. Reference App. #504, Mountainside Estates, 40 Mountain Road. Jay Keillor request of detailed bond release scheduled.
5. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
6. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
7. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. Old Hattertown Road, encroachment. 230 Poverty Hollow Road and 20 Old Hattertown Road.
8. Amendment to Section 5.2 of the Redding Subdivision Regulations regarding clearing and regrading.
9. Old Hattertown Road. Discussion re: altered accessway. Discussion 10/9/18.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Claire Matzke reported on the presence of gravel remaining at the recent Eversource project sites. A. Pardee is working with Eversource to monitor clean-up and stated that the clean-up of gravel is contingent on the right of way.
On the motion of C. Matzke, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly