Redding Planning Commission
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Toby Welles; Chairman; James Bacon, Alt., seated for A. Cumings; Chuck Cilo; Steve Gagnon; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for N. King vacancy.
Absent: Anda Cumings
Also present: Aimee Pardee, Town Planning Director
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 2/26/19
-Meeting of 3/12/19 Cancelled
On the motion of C. Cilo and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 2/26/19 meeting Minutes.
1. Reference Application #504: “Mountainside Estates”, 34, 36, 38, 40 Mountain Road, Jay Keillor and Greg Kamedulski, (agents). Discussion re: proposal of donating one lot to the Town. Discussion 2/26/19. Revision of Land Development Plan for 38 Mountain Road.
Greg Kamedulski was present. The conditions of approval for the original application were reviewed and it was confirmed that farm dump removal was not included as a condition. Mr. Kamedulski reiterated that the dump lot is not part of the subdivision property.
Toby Welles reviewed the proposed changes including elimination of the fire tank; installation of pins instead of monuments; reduction in the common drive; and the consequent proposed release of 2/3 of the bond. The final 1/3 of the bond is proposed to be released upon completion of the remaining activities including site stabilization, and installation of utility poles and underground conduits.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the alteration to Mountainside Estates, Reference Application #504, as outlined on the map dated 1/17/19. The only aspect undetermined is the fire tank and whether regulations permit the Planning Commission to waive the fire tank or if the Fire Department has a regulation that supersedes ours. Determination is yet to be made.
1. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. J. Bacon has provided comments. Referred to Peter Olson, Esq.
2. IHZ Status. N. King report regarding list of members of commission.
3. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
4. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
5. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
6. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors. Old Hattertown Road, encroachment. 230 Poverty Hollow Road and 20 Old Hattertown Road.
7. Amendment to Section 5.2 of the Redding Subdivision Regulations regarding clearing and regrading.
8. Old Hattertown Road. Discussion re: altered accessway. Discussion 10/9/18.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Toby Welles reviewed his meeting today with Altice re: locations for placement of boxes for fiber optic telecommunications systems.
Mr. Welles reviewed his recent meeting with John Hayes re: final mapping details for the Town Plan of Conservation & Development.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:05 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly