Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Nancy King; Toby Welles, seated at 7:50 p.m.; James Bacon, Alt., seated for J. Sarnelli; Anda Cummings, Alt., seated for T. Flagg; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Thomas Flagg has resigned.
Absent: Jerry Sarnelli
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
Julia Pemberton, First Selectman
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:45 p.m.
5. Section 4.3 Roads and Driveways and Section VIII Definitions to review for revision.
J. Hayes reviewed his suggestions for revision. J. Brooks will summarize and forward to Commissioners for their review and further discussion.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES –Meeting of 4/8/14
On the motion of J. Bacon and the second of A. Cummings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 4/8/14 Meeting Minutes.
II. Subdivision Application #524, 27 Turney Road, Henry Sanford. Proposed subdivision of 16.75 acres into 2 lots. Received 2/11/14. Presentation 2/25/14. Continued 4/8/14. Letter to extend received.
Henry Sanford was present along with engineer M. Mazzucco. T. Welles read J.
Hayes’ report dated 4/8/14. Mr. Hayes reviewed his comments in detail re: open space set-aside and slope easement.
The Commission and M. Mazzucco reviewed a report dated 4/16/14 from Milone & MacBroom and responded to their comments.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Subdivision Application #524 subject to the pertinent standard conditions and special conditions including preservation of the stone wall in its entirety; retention of the aesthetic condition of the wall along Turney Road and additional conditions as noted by Doug Hartline and Steve Kochis.
1. Subdivision Application #402, 2 John Todd Way, Lot One. Request to alter Building Construction Restriction Line. Andrew Wertheim and Sybil Peyer (owners), Nick Nelson (agent). Site Walk 3/29/14. Discussion 4/8/14.
N. Nelson was present. New plans were displayed and reviewed.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the altered requested BCRL subject to the submission of a map delineating the changes discussed tonight.
2. Subdivision Application #516, Frank Marini, 415 Rock House Road. To discuss Building Construction Restriction Line and Asset Trees.
Frank Marini was present. He reviewed the subdivision map and request to remove an identified Asset Tree.
A site walk is scheduled for Fri., 4/25/14 at 5:15 p.m.
3. Request for Plantings, 187 Umpawaug Road – A Designated Scenic Road. Greg Young, owner. Andrew Brodtman, Twombly Nurseries, agent.
Greg Young and Andrew Brodtman were present. D. Taylor read a definition of Town right-of-way from Commission Counsel.
Mr. Brodtman reviewed the proposed planting plan. A site walk is scheduled for Sun., 5/4/14 at 4:30 p.m.
4. Sight Line Problems. 56 Marchant Road. To resolve.
J. Brooks reviewed the clarification of recommendations from the engineering consultant, Steve Kochis re: dangerous driveway at 56 Marchant Road. A letter will be written to S. Kochis.
5. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports.
Discussion tabled until next meeting.
IV. PENDING ITEMS – NOT FOR ACTION CURRENTLY
1. Reference Application #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13, 4/16/14.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discussion recommendations for action.
3. Cell Tower, 186 Black Rock Turnpike. Status.
4. Sight Line Regulations. Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
5. IHZ Application.
J. Hayes reported that the Department of Housing has accepted the application with two conditions: 1) the Plan is adopted by Zoning and 2) the First Selectman certifies same. The proposed joint hike has been canceled due to the completion of a hike by Ridgefield Planning & Zoning.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The start time of the meetings was discussed.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 10:10 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly