Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Nancy King; Toby Welles; James Bacon, Alt., seated for T. Flagg; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for J. Sarnelli
Absent: Thomas Flagg; Anda Cummings, Alt.; Jerry Sarnelli
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES-Meeting of 3/11/14
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 3/11/14 Meeting Minutes as amended: Page 3, first line, change to “T. Welles reported on the IHZ meeting…”.
- DISCUSSION: DELIBERATION. COMMISSIONERS DISCUSS MODIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL OR REASONS FOR DENIAL.
Subdivision Application #524, 27 Turney Road, Henry Sanford. Proposed subdivision of 16.75 acres into 2 lots. Received 2/11/14. Presentation 2/25/14. Deadline to Vote 4/8/14.
Mr. Sanford was present. J. Brooks reported that the applicant’s engineer, Mike Mazzucco, is making changes to the plan that are scheduled to be submitted by 3/31/14. D. Taylor noted receipt of and read a report from John Hayes.
Mr. Sanford was directed to contact the Land Use Office for contacts re: deeds.
Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
- Subdivision App. #402, 2 John Todd Way, Lot One. Request to alter Building Construction Restriction Line. Andrew Wertheim and Sybil Peyer (owners), Nick Nelson (agent). Schedule Site Walk.
Nick Nelson was present for the applicant. Plans were displayed and reviewed.
A Site Walk is scheduled for Sat., 3/29/14 at 9:00 a.m.
- Referral from Zoning: Construction of residential accessory apt., 20 Deacon Abbott Road. Public Hearing 4/9/14. To Vote.
The referral was reviewed in detail.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter to Zoning endorsing the referral citing Chapter 9 of the Town Plan of Conservation & Development which reinforces the need for affordable housing both for the needs of our residents and to satisfy State requirements.
- Section 4.3 Roads and Driveways and Section VIII Definitions to review for revision.
Discussion tabled pending further review and discussion by full Commission.
- PENDING ITEMS – NOT FOR ACTION CURRENTLY
- Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13.
- Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discussion recommendations for action.
- Sight Line Problems: 56 Marchant Road as well as generic issue.
- Cell Tower, 186 Black Rock Turnpike.
- Scenic Road Monitoring. Draft of revised volunteer Scenic Road list for approval. Volunteers’ Reports.
- CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
- IHZ meeting Ridgefield 4/1/14. J. Hayes’ 3/25/14 report and questionnaire was read and will be typed and forwarded to Commissioners for further review on 3/26/14.
- Cell Tower Status was discussed.
- Regional Agency letter to finalize. T. Welles’ draft letter will be expanded upon by Commissioners for review at the next meeting.
- Subcommittee list to review. Assignments and re-assignments were made.
- T. Welles read a letter re: Partnership for Strong Communities meeting on 3/31/14 from R. Dean.
- Re: Biehn-Enos property on Hill Road, the recommendation letter was reviewed with minor amendments.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:35 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly