Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Nancy King; Jerry Sarnelli, seated at 7:40 p.m.; Toby Welles; Anda Cummings, Alt., seated for T. Flagg; R. O’Brien, Alt., seated for J. Sarnelli until 7:40 p.m.
Absent: Thomas Flagg; James Bacon, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:37 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 2/25/14
Site Walk 3/2/14 – H. Sanford, 27 Turney Rd.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 2/25/14 Meeting Minutes.
On the motion of N. King and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 3/2/14 Site Walk Minutes.
- PUBLIC HEARING TO OPEN
Subdivision Regulations in need of revision. Sections V, VI, VII, VIII. Possible vote for incorporation into the Regulations.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the revisions and amendments for incorporation into the Subdivision Regulations.
- Sight Line Meeting: Discussion re: solution for 56 Marchant Road as well as generic issue.
- Welles reviewed his meeting with Doug Fuchs, Jeff Hanson, Jo-an Brooks and Julia Pemberton. After review of the sight line situation and possible alternatives to improve safety, it was agreed that placement of a speed bump is the best option. Steve Kochis from Milone & MacBroom is reviewing the road on 3/12/14 to determine the best location and design.
- Cell Tower, 186 Black Rock Tpke. Possible Discussion.
- Welles reviewed maps obtained from the PowerPoint presentation shown at the information meeting.
Ron Gass was present to review his submitted letter. Several members from Fire District 1 were present. J. Brooks confirmed that their letters that have been forwarded to Commissioners and consultants.
- Welles will draft a letter to the Selectmen for Commission review and send by the postmark deadline date of 3/13/14.
- Scenic Road Monitoring. Draft of revised volunteer Scenic Road list for approval. Volunteers’ Reports.
Assignments and reassignments were reviewed. T. Welles reported on stonewall damage and Highway Department repair on Old Hattertown Road.
- Section 4.3 and Driveways and Section VIII Definitions to review for revision.
Revisions have been forwarded to Commission Counsel P. Olson for his review and comments.
- Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13.
- Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
- Subdivision Application #524, 27 Turney Road, Henry Sanford. Proposed subdivision of 16.75 acres into 2 lots. Received 2/11/14. Presentation 2/25/14. Deadline to Vote 4/8/14.
- CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
A letter will be drafted in support of purchase by the Town of the Biehn property on Hill Road for inclusion in the grant application.
Re: merging on HVCEO and SWERPA, a letter will be drafted detailing the specific advantages and disadvantages of a joint regional agency.
- Welles reported on the IHZ with Norwalk River Valley Trail Greenway Committee.
- Welles, J. Hayes and N. King are meeting with Ridgefield Planning & Zoning re: IHZ model project proposal.
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly