Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon, seated at 7:50 p.m.; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Toby Welles.
Absent: Michael Nostin, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:37 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 10/28/14
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 10/28/14 Meeting Minutes.
1a. Alteration to Umpawaug Road, Designated Scenic Road, 240 Umpawaug Road. Mr. and Mrs. John Moon, application to build gate and alter wall.
Jason Wojnarowski was present for the applicant. The plan to alter the stonewall was reviewed and the need for the appearance to remain rural in character was stressed. Scenic Road stonewall guidelines will be forwarded to Mr. Wojnarowski.
Site Walks will be conducted on an individual basis.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve installation of entrance gate.
1b. Amendments to Standard Conditions.
T. Welles read a report from J. Hayes dated 11/13/14. J. Brooks will incorporate recommendations for further review.
2. Section 4.5 rewritten by Milone & MacBroom. To review for vote.
Further edits will be made and forwarded to J. Hayes and S. Kochis of Milone & MacBroom.
3. Discussion of Scenic Roads that need attention. Update.
T. Welles reported on his recent conversation with Highway Superintendent, Jeff Hanson. The need for policy requiring demarcation of roadwork for road workers was noted. Recent activity at 187 Umpawaug Road was noted and had been approved by the Planning Commission.
T. Welles is investigating a system that creates a movie from photographs for possible documentation of pre-alteration status of roads.
III. PENDING ITEMS – NOT CURRENTLY FOR ACTION
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/14 Petra to contact engineer.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
3. Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
4. Jose Goncalves, App. #506, Lot 2, 220 Umpawaug Road. Request to enlarge Building Construction & Restriction Line a short distance. Need map showing new line.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
A letter requesting Cease & Desist re: Paltauf will be sent to the Conservation Commission.
Open Space Committee is meeting 11/14/14 re: Biehn property purchase.
J. Pemberton is holding a meeting re: GLDC on 11/17/14 at the Redding Community Center.
T. Ogonek will discuss 138 Limekiln Road status with J. Brooks.
On the motion of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:10 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly