Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Nancy King; Toby Welles; James Bacon, Alt.; seated for T. Flagg; Anda Cummings, Alt., seated for J. Sarnelli.
Absent: Thomas Flagg; Regina O’Brien, Alt.; Jerry Sarnelli
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:37 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 1/14/14
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 1/14/14 Meeting Minutes as corrected: Page 1 under “Present”, change “Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.” to “Jerry Sarnelli.”
1. 216 Umpawaug Road. App. #506, Lot #3, Blue Nest Acres, LLC. Ms. Emily Asen, Manager. Reconstruction of stone wall on a designated Scenic Road. To discuss resolution.
No one was present for the applicant. J. Brooks read a letter sent to Ms. Asen regarding suggestions and stating that the previously requested five-foot prototype is not necessary. A letter from Ms. Asen was received stating that the five-foot section was ready for Commission review.
A follow-up letter will be sent detailing specific design and aesthetic suggestions.
2. Discussion of additional Subdivision Regulations in need of revision. Section V for final approval and incorporation into the Regulations.
Suggestion revisions to Section V were reviewed in detail. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
3. Cell Tower Application. 186 Black Rock Turnpike. To recommend a public hearing. See Cuddy & Feder letter to Julia Pemberton. Discussion if warranted.
Bennett Pardee, Fire Commissioner Redding Fire District #1, was present. J. Brooks noted that the application will be discussed at the 2/3/14 Board of Selectmen’s meeting and a Public Hearing will be requested.
Mr. Pardee reviewed the proposal in detail. While reviewing the proposal from MCM, a defect in height was noted as well as the omission of the Fire Department site. Mr. Pardee will request MCM to submit a corrected report prior to the Board of Selectmen meeting.
T. Welles will compile a summary of key questions for the Selectmen hearing meeting.
4. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports.
Discussion tabled pending full attendance by Commission.
5. Regional Agencies. To discuss addition of Greater Bridgeport to newly merged Housatonic and SWERPA.
Discussion tabled to the next meeting.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot #3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusting Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Incentive Housing Zone Status and request from Jim Miller re Sewage Treatment Plant capacity. See 10/14/13 letter to N. Ketcham. Possible recommendation re ownership of land. J. Hayes will report.
J. Hayes is putting the final touches on the IHZ report and will submit to the Dept. of Housing in Hartford. J. Bacon and R. O’Brien met with John Shaban and will clarify that delivery of the report is pending.
J. Hayes will submit a report re: Sewage Treatment Plant impact for J. Pemberton’s response to J. Miller.
An FOI workshop will be held on 2/11/14 at the Town Hall Hearing Room at 5:30 p.m. T. Welles and J. Bacon will attend.
On the motion of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 10:05 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly