Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Thomas Flagg; Toby Welles; James Bacon, Alt.; Anda Cummings, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt.; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt., seated for N. King.
Absent: Nancy King
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Minutes of November 26, 2013
On the motion of J. Sarnelli and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 11/26/13 Meeting Minutes.
1. 216 Umpawaug Road, App. #506, Lot #3, Blue Nest Acres, LLC. Ms. Emily Asen, Manager. Reconstruction of a stonewall on a designated Scenic Road. See letter of violation.
Emily Asen and Katie Braja were present. D. Taylor reviewed her observations and consequent communication with the constructors of the wall. T. Welles noted the key components of the stonewall guidelines.
A 5-foot section of the wall will be reconfigured according to the stonewall guidelines for approval by the Commission. A follow-up inspection will be made upon completion of the sample section.
2. Cell Tower Application, 186 Black Rock Turnpike. To recommend a Public Hearing. See Cuddy & Fedor letter to Julia Pemberton vs Pilot article 1/3/14.
After review of the application, the Commission agreed to send a letter requesting a Public Hearing and in advance, to float a balloon at the requisite height with a streamer at the 120-foot marker for visual reference.
Additionally, provisions need to be made for removal of the cell tower in the event of new technology that does not require the use of this type of tower.
3. Discussion of additional Subdivision Regulations in need of revision.
Section 5 will be emailed to Commissioners for review and discussion at the next meeting.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Incentive Housing Zone Status: Request from Jim Miller re Sewage Treatment Plant capacity. See 10/14/10 letter to N. Ketcham. J. Hayes will report.
Per T. Welles, the IHZ report has been completed and signed. Mr. Hayes will deliver the report. J. Brooks reviewed J. Hayes’ summary letter dated 1/13/14 re: recalculation of Sewage Treatment Plant capacity.
Subcommittee assignments were reviewed and re-assigned.
J. Brooks will discuss Friday and weekend Ordinance enforcement options with J. Pemberton.
Re: merging of SWERPA with HVCEO, the need to ensure that issues pertaining to rural areas was discussed.
R. O’Brien reviewed the meeting re: Route 53 bridge project.
On the motion of T. Flagg, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly