Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Nancy King; Toby Welles; James Bacon, Alt., Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for T. Flagg.
Absent: Thomas Flagg; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
New alternate, Anda Cumings, was also in attendance but not seated until sworn in. D. Taylor reported on the resignation of Commissioner Donald Stroetzel.
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 10/22/13
-Meeting of 11/12/13 Cancelled
On the motion of N. King and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 10/22/13 Meeting Minutes.
1. Discussion of additional Subdivision Regulations in need of revision.
Regulations will be reviewed for revision suggestions.
2. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports.
The Assessor has completed identifying Scenic Roads on the field cards. Commissioners reviewed assigned road reports. Lee Lane was reassigned from T. Welles to J. Bacon. A. Cumings will assume monitoring of Topstone Road and Wayside Lane.
T. Welles will talk to J. Hanson re: staining of Poverty Hollow guardrails. Help of Boy Scouts was suggested.
3. Historic Review Committee (Demolition Delay Ordinance), to appoint member.
A. Cumings agreed to represent the Planning Commission on this Committee.
1. Reference App. #505, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
3. Incentive Housing Zones. Approved by Selectmen on 11/18/13. To be approved by Zoning Commission on 12/11/13.
4. 56 Marchant Road. Richard Heyman and Marie Vanoni. Request for advice re unsafe sight lines on Scenic Road.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The Zoning Commission will vote on Incentive Housing Zones on 12/11/13.
Questions from student at JRMS, Emily Sussmann, were discussed and a response letter will be sent by J. Brooks.
R. O’Brien reported on status of her role as liaison on the Legislative Committee.
Subcommittee assignments will be revised. J. Bacon will replace D. Stroetzel on the Legislative Committee. N. King’s subcommittee role on Historical & Cultural Resources Committee will be reassigned to A. Cumings.
A thank you letter will be sent to D. Stroetzel.
On the motion of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:55 p.m.