Present: Toby Welles, seated as Chairman; Thomas Flagg; Nancy King; Donald Stroetzel.
Absent: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt.; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 9/24/13
-Meeting of 10/6/13 cancelled
On the motion of N. King and the second of T. Flagg, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 9/24/13 Meeting Minutes.
1. Reference App. #137, Lot #15, 36 Sullivan Drive. Kevin Hudson and Rosa Perales Barrero. Request to extend driveway and create a second accessway.
Mr. Hudson was present. T. Welles reported on his site inspection.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of T. Flagg, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Reference Application #137.
2. Incentive Housing Zones: Discussion. Possible Vote.
T. Flagg recused himself from discussion. The Executive Summary was reviewed and edited. T. Welles will insert the maps and final edits will be incorporated into the document for a final version.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of D. Stroetzel, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the Incentive Housing Zones report as written by John Hayes and amended at the meeting of 10/22/13 to be sent to the Board of Selectmen for their support and endorsement of the Plan and to the Zoning Commission for adoption into the Zoning Regulations.
The following amendments were made at the 10/22/13 meeting: changes to the Executive Summary to add reference to the ports of the watershed in terms of the number of people it serves or says in a generic way; add the final sentence that talks about some of the constraints that Redding faces with no typical downtown area, limited sewer and municipal water services and constrained by the need to protect significant watershed acreage, etc. and the Nancy King edits to the Executive Summary which include the addition of the BC zone reference in the description of the Old Mill Road IHZ and the privately-owned nature of the parcels; the addition to the document regarding the calculation of the buildable area of Redding’s acreage as a useful number alongside the full acreage of Redding located in Section B, Attachment 7.7 to follow in that section.
3. Discussion of additional Subdivision Regulations in need of revision.
J. Brooks stated that Public Hearings were held on Sections 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
4. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports.
Recent assignments and reassignments were reviewed and will be finalized at the next meeting.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
T. Welles noted the upcoming webinar entitled Promoting Solar Energy Use Through Local Planning on 11/1/13, 1:00-2:00 pm.
A workshop called Many Faces of Placemaking will be held at The Lyceum Center in Hartford, 10/25/13.
J. Brooks reminded the Commissioners to support the Demolition Delay Ordinance on 10/30/13 at the Community Center.
On the motion of T. Flagg, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:55 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly