Present: Toby Welles, seated as Chairman; Nancy King; Donald Stroetzel; James Bacon, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for D. Taylor; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt., seated for T. Flagg.
Absent: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Thomas Flagg
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting 8/13/13
On the motion of J. Sarnelli and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 8/13/13 Meeting Minutes.
1. Referral from Zoning with new information. Proposed Amendment to Zoning Regulations, Section 5.9.6, Municipal Signs. Public Hearing 9/11/13. To Vote.
Chris Hocker was present. Mr. Hocker reviewed the recent history that led to this application. T. Welles read a memo from J. Hayes endorsing the referral with minor revisions.
On the motion of N. King and the second of J. Sarnelli, the Commission voted unanimously to send a positive response inclusive of J. Hayes’ changes and additional verbiage re: Scenic Roads.
2. Incentive Housing Zones: Discussion. Possible vote.
T. Welles reported that mapping updates are now complete. N. King is awaiting additional verbiage from J. Hayes.
Further discussion tabled pending receipt of final information from J. Hayes.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports on location of “turnouts”/”lay-bys” by street address with photos when possible.
Scenic Road assignments were reviewed. Mulch placement on Umpawaug Road was reviewed and a letter will be written. B. Flanagan will be copied on the letter for follow-up.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. Reminder letter from Land Use Coordinator 7/17/13.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
3. Reference Sub. App. #391, Lot #8-A, 163 Sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create an additional driveway entrance.
No activity has been reported or observed. Item will be removed from Agenda.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Upcoming Meetings, CT Trust for Historic Preservation 8/29/13.
On the motion of J. Sarnelli, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly