Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Thomas Flagg; Nancy King; Donald Stroetzel; James Bacon, Alt., seated for T. Welles.
Absent: Toby Welles; Regina O’Brien, Alt.; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Minutes of 6/25/13
On the motion of D. Stroetzel and the second of T. Flagg, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 6/25/13 Meeting Minutes.
Referral from Zoning, 19 Main Street, Georgetown. Site Plan review for 19 Main Restaurant & Marketplace. Zoning Regulation 5.6.9. TO VOTE.
Ralph Bosch and Jeff Andrews, co-owners of the property were present. J. Hayes submitted and read his report, endorsing the concerns noted in B. Flanagan’s memo to him.
J. Hayes read the Zoning Regulation and noted the need to correct the deed and the 50-foot setback from the street.
On the motion of D. Taylor and the second of T. Flagg, the Commission concurred that they are unable to make a decision because the application is incomplete. The vote was unanimous.
1. Incentive Housing Zones: Discussion. Possible Vote.
N. King reviewed the updated status of new information from T. Welles and J. Hayes. Additional maps are expected from T. Welles. The next subcommittee meeting is scheduled for 7/15/13, 8:30 a.m.
Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
2. S.R. 4.8: To discus final amendments. To Vote. Schedule P.H.
Additional comments and revisions were discussed. A new draft will be retyped and forwarded to Commissioners for final approval. A Public Hearing was scheduled for 8/13/13.
3. Proposed Amendment to S.R. 8.1.36 Building Construction & Restriction Line; amendments. Schedule P.H.
A Public Hearing was scheduled for 8/13/13.
4. Scenic Roads Monitoring. Reports. (Status of wood chips on Umpawaug & Marchant.)
D. Taylor reviewed the white stone driveways observed on Umpawaug Road. J. Brooks will send a memo to B. Flanagan to inspect with reference to Zoning Regulation adherence.
Umpawaug Road turnouts were discussed. Commissioners will inspect their assigned Scenic Roads and make note of locations.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line.
2. Reference Subdivision App. #391, Lot #8-A, 163 Sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create an additional driveway entrance.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
J. Brooks will review status of Pending items for discussion at the next meeting.
Highway Department will be acknowledged for saving wildflowers, etc. during roadwork.
Town of Bethel is proposing the purchase of Aquarion property. Public Hearing 7/8/13.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:30 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly