Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Toby Welles; Michael Nostin, Alt., seated for J. Bacon; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Absent: James Bacon
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
On the motion of N. King and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to add Item 1B. to the Agenda, Parker Coates re: Application fees for 12 Marchant Road.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 10/14/14
On the motion of N. King and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 10/14/14 Meeting Minutes as amended: Page 1, Administrative Item 2., third paragraph, last line, change to “and with the condition to add a provision that Production Facilities and Dispensaries be located 1000 feet from Facilities a through e.”
1A. Jose Goncalves, App. #506, Lot 2, 220 Umpawaug Road. Request to enlarge Building Construction & Restriction Line a short distance. Review Site Walks and VOTE.
Mr. Goncalves was present. Site Walk findings were reviewed.
On the motion of M. Nostin and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Application #506. J. Brooks requested a new map inclusive of the new Building Construction & Restriction Line.
1B. Parker Coates re: 12 Marchant Road Application fees.
Mr. Coates reviewed the estimated Application fees and requested a deposit in lieu of the total amount. J. Brooks reviewed her conversation with Commission Counsel.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted to require payment of 50% of the estimated portion of the Application Fee immediately with the remaining 50% due prior to the beginning of the Public Hearing. Should additional funds be needed, such funds will be available immediately from the applicant. M. Nostin abstained.
2. Amendments to Standard Conditions.
3. Section 4.5 rewritten by Milone & MacBroom. To review for vote.
Section 4.5 was reviewed in detail. T. Welles will edit 4, 5, and 6. J. Brooks will request an annotated version of the Section for easier analysis of changes.
4. Appointment of Planning Commission Monitor for Limekiln, Pine Tree and John Read Roads.
R. O’Brien will monitor Pine Tree; T. Welles will monitor John Read and A. Cumings will monitor Limekiln Road and Whortleberry Roads.
5. Discussion of Scenic Roads that need attention per advice of Planning “Monitors” or request of resident i.e.:
1. Please drive Umpawaug Road before the meeting and review the drainage created along the west side, south of Topstone in terms of scenic character. Reports to be forwarded to Selectmen and Highway Superintendent.
2. Please drive Pine Tree Road and review the safety issues in regard to the scenic road parameters. Reports to be forwarded to Patrick Merrill and Grant Ligon.
3. Please drive Limekiln Road in regard to previous complaints and new one at #138. Garbage dumped on Town right-of-way. Reports to be forwarded to Ted Ogonek.
Commissioners reviewed observations noted during individual drive-by inspections. T. Welles will schedule a meeting with J. Pemberton to develop a written statement of policy re: prior approval of changes to road drainage.
Re: Pine Tree, Mr. Merrill and Mr. Ligon will be permitted to erect a sign pending approval of the Planning Commission.
T. Welles will discuss the status of the eastern end of Limekiln Road with J. Pemberton.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/14 Petra to contact engineer.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
3. Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
D. Taylor requested Scenic Road updates for the next meeting.
T. Welles reported on the CT Commission of Municipalities meeting re: 8-30g.
The State Grant for purchase of the Biehn property has been approved.
Re: IHZ, the next step is formation of a Committee in addition to a meeting with J. Pemberton re: timeline, liaison, land acquisition, etc.
On the motion of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:45 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly