Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Thomas Flagg; Nancy King; Donald Stroetzel; James Bacon, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for T. Welles; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
Absent: Toby Welles
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting 6/11/13
On the motion of D. Stroetzel and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 6/11/13 Meeting Minutes as amended: Page 1, second paragraph under Item 1 under “Administrative”, fourth line, change “Callahan” to “Callaway.”
3. S.R. 4.8: To discuss final amendments. To Vote. Schedule P.H.?
Ernest Weigand, Dr. Stuart Reeves and Kathleen von Jena were present. Final comments and revisions were made to the proposed amendments.
1. Referral from Zoning. Proposed Amendment to Section 4.3.2a (S.B. Zone). Public Hearing 7/10/13. To Vote.
J. Hayes read his report and the proposal was reviewed in detail.
On the motion of N. King and the second of T. Flagg, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter noting that the referral is in conformance with the Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Commission concerns will be noted.
2. Incentive Housing Zones: Discussion.
J. Hayes noted that the draft is still in progress. A meeting with N. King will take place on 7/5/13 for discussion at the 7/9/13 meeting. A final meeting is scheduled for 7/15/13. J. Hayes is in contact with T. Welles via email regarding his final input. The final draft will be presented at the 7/23/13 meeting.
4. Proposed Amendment to S.R. 8.1.36 Building Construction & Restriction Line; amendments. Schedule P.H.?
5. Scenic Roads Monitoring. Reports. (Status of wood chips on Umpawaug & Marchant.)
Full report tabled until the next meeting. D. Taylor noted the need for driveway apron language re: proliferation of use of Belgian block on Scenic Road driveways. The woodchips at Umpawaug and Marchant are increasing.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line.
2. Reference Subdivision App. #391, Lot #8-A. 163 Sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create an additional driveway entrance.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Upcoming Meetings.
No new meetings were reported.
Letter from new resident at Mangini property was received re: water tank pipe visibility. D. Taylor read her response letter to the Fire Department requesting their permission to screen the pipes.
3. Letter from J. Brooks re: road width.
J. Brooks reviewed her letter to the Highway Superintendent re: road widths on current roads and intended road widths for newly repaired roads. A subsequent meeting with J. Hanson, N. Ketcham, T. Welles and J. Brooks was reviewed by J. Brooks.
4. N. King noted her observation re: mulch on Umpawaug Road. She will re-
send her memo documenting her observation.
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 10:05 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly